I just don't know anymore!!!

I’m on the younger side of this at 19. lol MOST people I run into don’t have a clue. Some kid asked that it had in it I told him it was a big block v6 ford motor and he bought it! But the guys I work with are Vette guys and they want nothing to do with me lol they know all to well. :) Its fun to park next to my bosses 87' Vette when he brings it to work lol just to mess with him.

The way I see it, it is kind of an advantage. These kids today think a car needs a fart can exhaust to fast. I have humiliated more than one kid in his tuner car, I love the look on their face when you tell them its a V-6. The extra benifit for me is my car is not a "GN" just a lowly T-type

Old Cars

I am on the other side of the age bracket... will turn 57 this year. Graduated from high school in 1970, probably the last real year of the typical American muscle car, high compression motors, etc. During my service in the Army, I bought my first 442... the first of a string of probably over 70 or so cars.
My oldest son came home from the hospital in a 64 GTO with a .060 over 400, 4:11 gears, etc. My youngest came home in my 70 442 convertible. They have been around American muscle their entire lives. My oldest does kinda like the GN, but wants an old Jetta...
At least my youngest wants a 66 or 67 Charger. He wanted one since he was about 5 or 6, so I guess there is hope!

I’m on the younger side of this at 19. lol MOST people I run into don’t have a clue. Some kid asked that it had in it I told him it was a big block v6 ford motor and he bought it! But the guys I work with are Vette guys and they want nothing to do with me lol they know all to well. :) Its fun to park next to my bosses 87' Vette when he brings it to work lol just to mess with him.

youre welcome to park next to my 96' Vette to try and intimidate me if you want :wink:

i had a 85' GN a few years back and wish i never sold it. im currently looking for a new DD and a buick turbo is definately in the running. i sure miss that turbo sneeze :)

Wow

Wow, I see a lot more responses then I could have ever really tought and some real cool stories as well;) I am glad to see they are still tons of people and many younger people involed here.

So any of you guys getting ready for the spring??

Im getting ready for the spring! I got my truck mocked up and the mounts made.... time to detail and build the motor!

A.j.

Yeah, getting ready for the Spring.
Got off the phone with my mechanic/neighboor and he said that we can get the car down for inspection soon. This warm weather we're getting is expected to hold up so I want to get her ready.

Going to be getting all of my go-fast parts soon, want to start with the electric fan and start getting all the necessary things out of the way first so I can get into the meat of the ups... And Camfreek, if you do that intercooler fab kit, I might just have to throw some money your way. ;)

And yet we still haven't seen any pics.

Alright alright..... Just dont laugh at my work... I usually dont like showing until its finished.

937.jpg

734.jpg

840.jpg

Thats my red truck......

:eek: A.j.

Not bad AJ. Show some of your superchared one as well. Did you get the poncho info I sent you?

Oh no..... my blower truck is my secret! that wont be revealed until its done! thats my weapon aganst all of the other minitrucks. Sorry boys....... im just picky.

Anywho...Yes I did get the Poncho Info Charlie.... Thanks! I have been shooting those numbers all over hoping I might get lucky and find a crank...

Power on this motor? I dunno.... as it sits its stock.... not a change made.... this summer will change that. I'll be giving it the full tilt internally and the heads will be worked stockers.

my goal is 10s with a carb.....using draw thru.... it sounds crazy, but with a curb weight of 2460 lbs WITH the buick, 500hp should do what i want!

A.j.

29 here

i love all the remarks about how honda's are the stuff and etc.... i just tell them if they can get around my 91 eagle talon then they can have a shot at the buick..

the talon @ 16psi makes 270 hp 276tq at the wheels. the hell with honda's dsm's make some torque!