You can type here any text you want

I know nothing about the LS-I maf and tranlator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee Thompson

Will soon be ording a TT chip for a car with this on it. Do I just order a chip as if it had a stock maf? Eric you out there if so call when you can @ 765-602-0997. Thanks

Just order the chip to match the car. The translator will take care of the maf.
There are some changes that need to be made to the dip switched inside the translator to tell it there's a NON Extender chip being used.
Basically you'll need to check and make sure that the 4 littel DIP switches are set to ON, ON, ON, OFF

how does LS maf work on our cars?

My friend has a F body only place, I see LS1 mafs everywhere, whats the deal on using these on a Buick?

My friend has a F body only place, I see LS1 mafs everywhere, whats the deal on using these on a Buick?
Just need the "translator" box that the MAF plugs into and the correct harness to plug into the original TR MAf plug. The Translator box translates the signal from the LS1 MAF into a code for the TR ECM to read.

Can you add or pullout fuel and timing with the translator?

The standard Translator will be able to control fueling if you have the extender chip.

To get both fuel and timing control you'll want to move up to the Translator Gen II.

the translator PLUS also has the timming option, BUT you will need the Extender chip to control the timming with the T-PLUS.

you do not need a special chip to adjust timing with a plus, you do for a gen 2 or Pro, Lee just tell Eric what you have he knows what to do, or call me when you return and I will get it straight for you
Mike

The standard Translator works great. The Gen 2 is unreal. You can tune everything from part throttle cruise to WOT, the standard translator can only adjust WOT. Every car is different, a chip gets you close, but being able to adjust to personalize it to the car is great. Extender and TT chips have their own adjustability built in, which is great too. I haven't messed with my TT street chip too much, because I have been running my Extender race chip as a street chip, just pulled timming with the Gen 2. The extender is awesome. My brother has a TT chip and a standard translator in the Cutlass now, so I will be messing with that very soon. I have heard nothing but good about TT chips.
On a side note, I had an old SP10 Modern Musclecar (I believe a Bob Bailey) chip in my 86 GN. It outran every chip I put in that car, even race chips. The spool up was amazing, the car got high 1.7's 60's with 0 boost at 2000rpms. I always went back to that chip. I still have it in fact. Can't use it though.
The good old days.;) These cars have come along way.

Back