I need TC to lock up in OD

Racer X

Road Racer
Hi all,

I need to get my Torque Converter to lock up and stay locked in OD at 90 mph and beyond. How is this done? Through the chip?

Currently, I have a N/L in the car (long story).

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

Originally posted by Racer X
Hi all,

?

Currently, I have a N/L in the car (long story).

Thanks!

Greg

If that is the case, you will never get it to work. A non lock is a non lock and a lock up is a lock up.

WE4

I understand that and that I will have to get a new TC, but when I do that I need the TC to lock up in OD at about 90 or and stay locked up.

I would like to do this just once;) So is this done through the chip or is it in the TC itself?

Thanks.

If I understand you correctly, you are wanting to change your non l/u to a l/u? If this is so then you need a l/u t/c and l/u tcc valve and if you are still wired correctly then then yes the ECM will control l/u. There are many ways to modify how it is controlled depending on what you want.

I understand that I will have to buy another TC.

I want to run the GN in the Silverstate Classic, but automatic trannies do not live too long in that environment. In order to keep the trans from going "boom" the TC must lock at about 85 or 90 mph and stay locked from there up to 145 or so.

I need the TC to lock up on it's own as I do not want to be playing with switches and things at speed;) Soooo, do I have to get my chip reburned to do this?

Also, who makes good L/U TC's? I know this subject has been pounded to death:D Bruce are you the one I should be getting this bullet proof TC from?

Thanks!