I never though 1 mod would make so much difference

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Well over spring break I cleaned out the intercooler on my TTA with som carb cleaner, Replaced the factory air intake system with a 3" Straight pipe, still using factory plastic bends, and an open element cone filter in place of the factory air box and pulling the screens out of the MAF. I know some people say this doesnt help, but it does help TPIs on the torque side so I figured why not seeing how as I am planning a bigger pipe in the future when I start runnign alky and 22psi.
Holly $hit did it wake the car up. I cant even tell you how much difference it made. THis is because I still have the original Gatorbacks and they are hard as hell. THough before I could launch with like hardly any boost and at 2000rpms and hook well. WEll now this last time I drove it with a full tank of 93 octane and just the mods listed above when the boost got up to about 12psi and at 30mph or so the rear looses traction. That has to be atleast 15hp difference. Ofcourse the little openinng they expect the TTA to breathe through can be the explenation of this. THough All I can say is OMG I cant believe it, its so ****ing cool to floor it and break the tires loos at 30mph!!!!! Especially with a 3.27gear

Wait until you put on that alky and turn the boost up to about 22psi. It will feel like a whole new car!!! Alky is about the best mod I ever did.

Well thats long down the list.
Next is the hot wire, then and homemade adjustable wastegate, then a bigger fuel pump also with a Thrasher street chip for now.
I hope to be running around 19psi on 93 or 94 pump gas by tuning in enough fuel to prevent knock.
After that comes the Down pipe then the high dollar wastegate, and a bunch of Vital guages so I can keep track of everything.

After that step its time for tha alky and race chip on 22PSI!!!
Im looking for 11.99, no faster because I dont want to have to run a cage to go to Bracket night. Though I am considering running a set up to where I can de-tune to an 11.99 and tune to go faster on the odd illegal street race that may get set up.
Who knows where I might take this car. I mean its a salvaged title so I see no reason in keeping it stock, but I dont want to hack it all to pieces either.