You can type here any text you want

I REALLY need a S2 rocker shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

I went racing today and on the first pass the cracked rocker shaft broke. I knew it had a small crack right where the bolt passes into the pedestal but since the shaft retaining cap is right where the crack is I thought that would hold the shaft even if it broke. And it did. Except it took the threads off the bolt so the bolt backed out and I assume then broke the shaft in half.

Every hole in the pedestal is thread serted so I assume the threads on the bolt were the weak point.

So I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a shaft now. Anyone have one??? Pretty please?

ChrisCairns said:
I went racing today and on the first pass the cracked rocker shaft broke. I knew it had a small crack right where the bolt passes into the pedestal but since the shaft retaining cap is right where the crack is I thought that would hold the shaft even if it broke. And it did. Except it took the threads off the bolt so the bolt backed out and I assume then broke the shaft in half.

Every hole in the pedestal is thread serted so I assume the threads on the bolt were the weak point.

So I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a shaft now. Anyone have one??? Pretty please?

Chris,

I could not find one.
You should be able to order one.
http://www.tdmach.com/page9.shtml

Hey John,

Just after I posted the original request tonight I phoned Chuck Leeper to see if he had any left over. And he told me to phone T & D. I never knew they were still available or I'd have done that a month ago and not used the cracked one.

Thanks for the link.

Chris, be sure to check that the exhaust valve did not stretch due to high egt from diminished lift, if the rocker was not opening the valve fully when the shaft broke. May not be a concern if you were not under high boost.

I phoned T & D and ordered one. Thanks to John and Chuck for letting me know they're still available. Oh, it was $50.99 in case anyone wants to know. Plus whatever the freight will be.

Jay Wicks said:
Chris, be sure to check that the exhaust valve did not stretch due to high egt from diminished lift, if the rocker was not opening the valve fully when the shaft broke. May not be a concern if you were not under high boost.

I wasn't under high boost, only 13 lbs max (add 1.5 lbs for elevation) according to FAST. And my EGT gauge only registered 1365 at the end of the aborted pass just past half track.

I left with 10 lbs and the tires instantly went up in smoke and I saw on FAST that it was at 7100 rpm at the top of first, spinning. Wowzer. I left off and shifted to 2nd and that thing pulls like a mother at this low boost. Shifted into 3rd, went past the lights at half track and the car stopped pulling and the valve noise started. So I coasted to a 11.10 @ 119.

As you probably read I've now got another shaft on it's way and I'll recheck for coil bind....I'm tired of "getting the shaft" :)

Thanks for your input.

T&D rocker shaft.

i just read your post if you need another shaft i have two that i was keeping for spares along with serval rockers exhaust and intake, i would sell one of them i also have lots of shims to go with them, good luck oc,

odell4o8 said:
i just read your post if you need another shaft i have two that i was keeping for spares along with serval rockers exhaust and intake, i would sell one of them i also have lots of shims to go with them, good luck oc,

Thanks. I've got one on the way, along with new ARP studlies, washers and nuts. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

ChrisCairns said:
Thanks. I've got one on the way, along with new ARP studlies, washers and nuts. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

Where did you get it from?

John Wilde said:
Where did you get it from?

It's coming directly from T&D.

Hey, Mr. Forgetful, you're one of the two people who told me that T&D was still supplying them. :)

Back