You can type here any text you want

i want real horsepower numbers from YOUR setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Dyno

V2TEF.jpg

I usually don't go to the dyno but I did 2 years ago trying to figure a problem out. It did 595 rwhp on 20 psi. Went right from the dyno to the track where it ran 10.2 @ 132 mph. 3550lbs with me in it.

Using the above formula it came out to 628. Is that formula for wheel or crank hp? The car at the time had a very loose converter in it, which would make my numbers low.

Also, Bison, you keep saying "fwhp." Isn't that stand for "front wheel hp?"

Not sure. Who gives a crap about front wheel drive. Its crap imo. I meant net flywheel. The same way car manufacturers rate their engines. Too many variables in "wheel" hp. Someone asked me what my car had at the wheels and said i dont know but id guess about 590-600 on the 133mph pass. Looks like i was close looking at your data.

Not sure. Who gives a crap about front wheel drive. Its crap imo. I meant net flywheel. The same way car manufacturers rate their engines. Too many variables in "wheel" hp. Someone asked me what my car had at the wheels and said i dont know but id guess about 590-600 on the 133mph pass. Looks like i was close looking at your data.

LOL...sounds like your guess was right on:)

LOL...sounds like your guess was right on:)
I always sand bag a little when i talk about my car. Rather leave something on the table than have to chase it. Its funny how the brand x'ers dont even believe me if i tell them some low number like 510hp. Lol:biggrin:

I always sand bag a little when i talk about my car. Rather leave something on the table than have to chase it. Its funny how the brand x'ers dont even believe me if i tell them some low number like 510hp. Lol:biggrin:

My favorite are the Supra and Honda guys. "I made 8XX on the dyno but only ran a 12.8 @ 125" haha

Lets here about some numbers with stock heads. I made 585rwhp 25psi.

With almost no tuning, 93 octane, alky and 22-23 lbs of boost I put down 405hp and 545 tq to the rear wheels.

If thats un-ported then thats bug for those. Have you ran it at the strip yet?

Back in '99 I went 120mph @ 3625 lbs. with stock unported heads and a 200-200 cam. It took 33psi of boost to do it though. Calculator says 489 HP.

Later, with the ported iron heads and a 218-218 flat tappet it went 129.3 at the same weight using 27psi. Calculator says 612 HP.

Used the same T64E turbo in both cases.

Stock long block...422rwhp & 502rwtq before switching to dual nozzle alky... Since the dual nozzle alky I've been able to add about 4 degrees timing and that improved my et 4/10ths. So using the Bison method, with the dual nozzle I'm somewhere around 475 flywheel hp (Calc'd at 3700#), probably weighs more...

I have a stock 231 engine, stock heads, cam, etc. TE.66, I was running a Easton FMIC, #50 injectors, SMC Alky, 200R4, 3500 lock up, Erics TT Chip, 30psi, tuning with a direct scan, My best pass was a 11.14 @120. 1.59 60ft thought a 3" single shot. Is that in the neighborhood of 490 hp?

Jason

10.23 @ 132 with a loose converter
So were the heads ported? I assume yes. Mine are 6293 castings with decent porting and a really good valve job. Boost was data logged at 28.5. Ive ran it up to 33psi with that combo and nearly 150k stock bottom end. Wish i got to run it at the strip that way.

Bone stock short block, mildly ported heads, ported intake,ported TB, 206/206 roller cam,CAS frount mount, THDP, 70HPQ @ 30 lbs made 543HP& 610 TQ(corrected #'s).

Old set stock block,crank, and rods trw 30 over pistons Webber racing 208 cam gn1 out of the box heads and a t66 made 552 whp on 22 psi. 10.67@127 on slicks at 3400lb.
New set up stock block eagle crank eagle rods je pistons cam motion cam dart pro 1 heads out of the box with s480 sbc 633 whp on 18 psi 10.03@139.95 on a 275 dr at 3680lb.
I had and have 3.08 gears in both cars.

I dynoed my car on Richard clarks mustang dyno back last jan and @ 15 psi of boost on pump gas it made 349.4hp 390.8 TQ. motor has a 200/200 cam ported heads/intake.

Back in 2005 with stock heads and cam and stock ecm @ 21 psi of boost with pump gas alky the car made 351.9hp 475.tq on a dynojet dyno.

i hear about all the cars on this forum in the kil section and everything spanking 500+ horsepower cars

if you know your horsepower please list your combo if it is not in your sig

i just want to get more of an idea and not guessing by what you beat

any idea what i might be putting down after its done mods in sig?

thanks

didnt claim my car made more HP them him, just knew what i had to do to have a chance and did it... also you can the better car, the more HP and the better parts, but it dont mean d!ck if you can drive for Sh!t...

Back