I want to move to Florida, any idea's/leads/suggestions/help?

texasmr2

My story is I am a fishing addict and I am also in desperate need of a change in my life!

I realize this topic is out of the ordinary for this forum so please forgive me if I am being too forward but like they say "It is not what you know but who you know".

Please don't flame me for being honest.

My story is I am a fishing addict and I am also in desperate need of a change in my life!

I realize this topic is out of the ordinary for this forum so please forgive me if I am being too forward but like they say "It is not what you know but who you know".

Please don't flame me for being honest.

I'd say... If you're in TX now, stay here! Understand the need for change, but there's no better place for a "living wage". FL is nice, we go at least once a year. Don't know much about job availability, but it seems like most average peeps over there are living beyond their means.

Hopefully, TX will soon remove itself from this "new" Euro-merica and return us to some sort of normality...

Anywhere above west palm beach and west of orlando. St. Augustine is nice, areas of the panhandle is nice too. Cost of living varies in florida. Home affordability is better north of west palm beach. Florida is getting very populated, just be warned.

If I was to move there I would buy property right next to the hartlines lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I live in Ocala, FL. 1.5 hours from Tampa, Daytona, Crystal River and Orlando. On I75 and housing is still affordable. As with most places, not a lot of job opportunities so wages are depressed. Otherwise, I'd look to Clermont or Mt Dora. Tons of lakes through FL but if you want to be on the coast look to Crystal River area
Good luck

I was thinking about Pensacola as a start if I do make a move. I have been all the way from Russia to Belgium in my travel's which leaves me with the constant itch of new horizon's and experiences. I am not married and I have no children so the world is my playground but Texas will always be my home.

I guess I am just frustrated.

We looked into moving to the panhandle area a couple years ago. We bumped into a couple from there and the guy's only reply was "you'd better have a good job lined up first".

I would not move with having a job lined up yet then again who hires anyone without a face to face, one on one interview....no one....and that entails travel expense's. The damn interweb ruined face to face interviews like we used to have 25yrs ago. I have over 100 applications out with little or no success. I was a Deputy Sheriff until the Sheriff I worked for gave me the shaft and ruined my law enforcement career. :mad:

I put my own life on hold 4yrs ago and moved back home to look after my aging (76) mom who is now battling breast cancer but that woman is driving me "bat shit crazy"!!! I am going to hangout with my dad in Conroe for a few days and clear my head.

I was thinking about Pensacola as a start if I do make a move. I have been all the way from Russia to Belgium in my travel's which leaves me with the constant itch of new horizon's and experiences. I am not married and I have no children so the world is my playground but Texas will always be my home.

I guess I am just frustrated.
do a pensacolamls.com search for housing here. Job opportunities vary but fishing in the gulf is big. Outside areas..Pace, Milton,Perdido are more desired than P'cola proper. Water front will cost you big time in insurance and you put up with the occasional hurricane. Not as crowded as Destin/FT. Walton area.

We vacationed in the panhandle one time back in the early 90's and it was awesome. Went back through there 10 years later and someone had built a 10 lane highway through the middle of paradise, then stuck a couple dozen 15 story condos between it and the beach. Now, we just stay on I-10 to I-75, then south to FMB or Sanibel/Captiva. Our Dad (Fort Myers) passed away in April, so now it's just my sister's family (Cape Coral) there...

I live in NE FL, seems like jobs are plenty, depends on what you do. Hot though.

I live in NE FL, seems like jobs are plenty, depends on what you do. Hot though.
I was born in Houston so the heat is just another day in paradise for me. My main concern will naturally be finding employment that will support me, housing, food, GN and insurance but I'm ok with waiting.

Plenty of mtg / financial jobs here and enough population to support service level jobs or start your own business. What do you do now?

I have been at the same company , finance, for 9 years, can't get ahead, I am ready to leave even without a job lined up, but people tell me not to. My point is, I am not concerned about finding a new job.

Plenty of mtg / financial jobs here and enough population to support service level jobs or start your own business. What do you do now?

I have been at the same company , finance, for 9 years, can't get ahead, I am ready to leave even without a job lined up, but people tell me not to. My point is, I am not concerned about finding a new job.

Were do I start?
I'm a former police officer..
I have multiple years in customer service in one form or fashion...
Yada yada yada but I can/have done a lot but I'm being cautious because I will have all them dang bill's.

In all honesty I need this change so I can retain my sanity (it's a long story). As I mentioned I have no wife and no children... I'm just in a rut.

I have lived in NY, MA, FL, CA, Japan, FL, TX, NY. By far FL was the cheapest. Lived in Pensacola and Jacksonville. Job market in Pensacola is tough, BUT you can live fairly cheap. I love the landscape and 4 seasons of NY, but the gov't and taxes SUCK. FL gun laws are fairly loose, major plus. Forgot NJ and VA, I was little.

I would recommend visiting FL and checking out places. Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, etc. different cultures in all of these places, see what you like. You can always work in one area, and live in a different area as I do.

I am in Clermont FL. and have been here almost ten years since leaving NY. If you are considering the area feel free to PM me.