You can type here any text you want

IAC Help - Craig

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v8zcar

Hey Craig,
In another post, you mentioned something about 2 min. of work needed to test my IAC.
Can you give me the info?

I also saw another post in which some people don't use the IAC and just give it some gas pedal
movement when starting, which is what I do now.
Thanks,
Owen

Been through this IAC thing.... What kinda IAC values are you getting?

This is where you need to start and move on from there. I had a ruff Idle problem until I spent 3 days worling and tweaking on this thing and now it runs great.

If you know the counts do they change when turning the air screw in or out?

Do you have a scantool?

Thanks to both of you.

BoostedBug, what IAC values should I give you? The ones from Throttle Follower or ??? I don't have a scan tool unfortunately...

Owen

Any chance you are in GA? I don't see how it is possible to adjust the IAC with out one. I am in GA and willing to meet you somewhere to help you...

Realy need a scantool.

If not...I would say try and find someone close by with one and get these numbers...You will need the scantool to help you adjust the IAC and TPS when you know the IAC is good.

Numbers on a scan tool is 10-20 idle in park warm and 20-30 in gear warm.

Let me know...

BoostedBug,

This is not a factory ECM. He's got one of those goofy FAST computers stuffed in there :D so the scan tool won't do him much good. You'll hafta press the connectors together REAL hard to get them to plug into each other. lol

Got two minutes?

OK, here's the info you've been waiting for...

With the car warmed up, look in the throttle follower graph. First, set the graph to its minimum setting at your lowest TPS position. So if your TPS reads 15% at idle, then make sure that the line on the throttle follower table is at the bottom of the table @ 15%. Now, adjust your throttle blades until the IAC target shown in the dashboard at the bottom of the screen shows about 20-25. You should now see the cursor hovering slightly above the bottom of the screen. Set the rest of the graph to open the IAC motor as the TPS increases. Last, make sure that the "Maximum TPS for Idle" parameter in the Idle Speed section of the software is set to 1 number higher than your TPS reading at an idle.

What you just did is make it so that the IAC is barely open at idle. It now has its entire operating range to open up for cold idle, startup, extra load on the engine, etc. I suspect it will help your problem.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Back