You can type here any text you want

IAC or no?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1000MileStylez

Black Sheep
im interested in a holley 95mm TB i have the 269r comp cams hyd roller kit that requires a after market or modded computer. Im using a Classic fast. My question is will i be able to get the car to idle correctly with out the IAC?

Yes, but your iddle speed will have to be about 1100-1200 rpm, to prevent stalling under load.

This is just a random question since I may be getting this confused. Are you saying that the new TB doesn't have a provision for the IAC? If so then have you looked into remote mounting your IAC to still keep it in use?

If I'm reading this correct you are going to a 95mm TB why?

It takes some time but I have got a friends car without IAC to work quite well. I would not go out of my way to put IAC on if you don't have to. It just takes some time to get the startup right.

+1. You may have to baby it a little while on initial cold startup, but it can be done. I don't use one. You will need to pay more attention to the ECT fuel enrichment table.

It can be run without one but the tune is a bit more finicky.
I have to disagree with Norbs,ONCE warmed up it will not need an
idle that high if its tuned well.
I personally like to run one if possible.
If the Holley unit resembles a Ford Throttle body,there is
an adaptor to put a GM IAC on.

Back