You can type here any text you want

Identify

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Scored a set if rings for cheap. Copy right is 1995. Box is not labled, so my question is which are tops and which are 2nd. I don't have another set here to compare with.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1383431154705.jpg
    1383431154705.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 170
Hey I'm looking for an ASE master tech to install rings in my new engine rebuild and I don't know how to install them???

Which side faces up? Do I line all the gaps up at 12 o'clock? Also I can't figure out which ones are the oil control rings.

I was wondering if you could come over and help me STEVE V or give me a price to do them if I ship them to you.

Being an ASE master tech I figure you have the knowledge to set my backward shade tree non ASE master tech ass straight and get it right the first time.:p

Thanks RZ.

There you go CHARLIEF1, You think that will do.:D

I wasn't joking about your sig though Steve.;) Leave it and see what happens.:D
Hey I'm looking for an ASE master tech to install rings in my new engine rebuild and I don't know how to install them???

Which side faces up? Do I line all the gaps up at 12 o'clock? Also I can't figure out which ones are the oil control rings.

I was wondering if you could come over and help me STEVE V or give me a price to do them if I ship them to you.

Being an ASE master tech I figure you have the knowledge to set my backward shade tree non ASE master tech ass straight and get it right the first time.:p

Thanks RZ.

There you go CHARLIEF1, You think that will do.:D

If you guys want to go down that road and poke fun at me go ahead and make a fool of your selves. I never said I did not know which ends went up. I wanted to besure the Chrome rings are the top and iron are the second. All boxes I have delt with have been labeled this one isn't. That's all I was after.

Yup I know all about chamfers, dots, ring gaps.

Nope I am not changing my sig.

Chrome rings are the top and iron are the second.

I'll take shiny things on top for one thousand Alex.

You answered your own question, We're proud of you.

A little ribbing is all in good fun, believe me, none of us knows everything. If that was so this forum would be just another social media site. IE; FACE PUKE.

Thank you that's what I was after.
Just did a search and I found some saying the shiney rings are 2nd not top. If I go by the dots and chamfers looks like they are 2nd. I will call the tech line during the week and see:)

"Shiny" isn't a positive indication of ring makeup. That's not a 100% fool proof way of identifying ring makeup and/or placement. Shape, markings, reliefs, OD configurations and/or bevel placement is the easiest way to know what goes where. Moly faced top rings aren't shiny, chrome top rings are, for example.

Thanks Earl, pretty sure they are 2nd that's what the bevel and markings indicate. I am going to call to be sure.

If you have a ring that's beveled and the gas notch faces down, that's a 2nd ring. On top rings the ID bevel or gas notch faces up. Pretty basic stuff. It's to load the ring on it's usage travel direction.

Odds are you have a cheep set of rings that don't belong in a turbo build.

Back