You can type here any text you want

I'm soo done....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That's some funny sh*t...

Yeah there are a lot of those operatives, they're researching how far they can push, regulate, and tax the American public before they snap like dry twigs...they're recording every move you make buddy, and mine too...oh, and they all have job security, paid vacations and million dollar government pensions they earn just making us miserable, lol

Hope this doesn't push you over the edge! :biggrin:

Vampire, you're closer to the true than you realize. I have to agree with you....I'm trusting our government less and less every day.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey, Kid, thank you. Appreciate the info. I have been aware of this problem for quite a while. I just hope I don't have to take off the lower intake, only the top. From a lot of research, they have pointed out that the coolant leak takes place where the EGR tube goes into the front bottom of the upper intake manifold, as the heat melts the plastic there causing a leak. That's where I found it. BUT......:frown: I noticed some coolant on the lower intake manifold by the injectors. I HOPE this is from the lower seal of the upper intake manifold.

Thanks for the information here.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sounds like the LIM gaskets are gone.
There's pics on the second thread link I posted.
Those gaskets are notorious for it.
When the UIM leaks,it goes through the engine and out the tailpipe.
When the LIM gaskets go,you tend to see it on the LIM and in the oil.
That green cooolant isn't good for bearings...as you well know.

A HUNDRED BUCKS a day????!?!?!:eek: Geez!!! My best friend paid me $2.00 a hour to help him put up vinyl siding on his house!! He lives 55 miles from me one way and gas wasn't cheap! I worked 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for two and one half weeks! You do the math. I made enough to make one house payment and the rest went into gas! Some best friend,huh? Geeze, where do I find these people? Gotta stop being nice.

Man, I wish I was your family member!

Bruce '87 Grand National

He was to come over every saturday. He came over twice. He worked on my basement for almost 8 hours and got quite a bit done. I knew he didn't have a whole lot of money going through a divorce and all so I told him to come over every saturday and I'd pay him. I handed him a check for 100 bucks and he wouldn't take it. Never came back to help either. FUnny thing is he let my aunt pay him for doing some work and she was priority before my house, even though he bugged me constantly to have him come over and help me. My family is messed up, what can I say. It's a good thing I got friends:rolleyes:

make sure you get the new design metal lower intake gaskets...solves the problem

when you see the plastic ones off the car you will :eek: coolant eats them up

Sounds like the LIM gaskets are gone.
There's pics on the second thread link I posted.
Those gaskets are notorious for it.
When the UIM leaks,it goes through the engine and out the tailpipe.
When the LIM gaskets go,you tend to see it on the LIM and in the oil.
That green cooolant isn't good for bearings...as you well know.

My bad....I rechecked where the leak is....not on the lower intake maifold but just right below the upper intake manifold entrance for the EGR tube...that's it. Whew. So, no removing the lower. The EGR tube is hot and burnt the entrance to where it goes into the upper intake manifold...the composite material for these GM upper manifolds are inferior....the replacement I obtained is lifetime warranted not to burn out at that area as it's made of a different compound. It came with all necessary gaskets.

I looked at the photos. AND I checked the oil....no coolant at all in the oil, not out the tailpipe....then I took it to a trusted pro and he agreeded with my assessment....I just told him to check for any internal coolant leaks....all he found was the EGR tube area leaking coolant by the throttle body and down on the transmission housing....none in the oil, pipes, anywere else. I guess I got off lucky this time.

Again, thank you for your help and concern. Glad there are guys like you who go the extra mile to help others.

I'll let you know how I do.

Bruce '87 Grand National

He was to come over every saturday. He came over twice. He worked on my basement for almost 8 hours and got quite a bit done. I knew he didn't have a whole lot of money going through a divorce and all so I told him to come over every saturday and I'd pay him. I handed him a check for 100 bucks and he wouldn't take it. Never came back to help either. FUnny thing is he let my aunt pay him for doing some work and she was priority before my house, even though he bugged me constantly to have him come over and help me. My family is messed up, what can I say. It's a good thing I got friends:rolleyes:

Can't figure him out. My family is too, so don't feel alone. You wound'nt believe mine. You can count me as a friend here. And I'll only charge you $2.50 and hour!!!!!!!:D:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

make sure you get the new design metal lower intake gaskets...solves the problem

when you see the plastic ones off the car you will :eek: coolant eats them up

It looks like I don't need to take off the lower manifold. The problem with this Dexcool is that people don't change it often enough....it says to change it every 100,000 miles, but upon discussion with a GM engineer, he said to change it every other year....then I won't have this problem. I'll follow his lead for now.

Thank you for your suggestion, as I appreciate it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

My bad....I rechecked where the leak is....not on the lower intake maifold but just right below the upper intake manifold entrance for the EGR tube...that's it. Whew. So, no removing the lower. The EGR tube is hot and burnt the entrance to where it goes into the upper intake manifold...the composite material for these GM upper manifolds are inferior....the replacement I obtained is lifetime warranted not to burn out at that area as it's made of a different compound. It came with all necessary gaskets.

I looked at the photos. AND I checked the oil....no coolant at all in the oil, not out the tailpipe....then I took it to a trusted pro and he agreeded with my assessment....I just told him to check for any internal coolant leaks....all he found was the EGR tube area leaking coolant by the throttle body and down on the transmission housing....none in the oil, pipes, anywere else. I guess I got off lucky this time.

Again, thank you for your help and concern. Glad there are guys like you who go the extra mile to help others.

I'll let you know how I do.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Your call,but I wouldn't take the chance.
You're already taking the upper off,so why not?

Originally Posted by Turbo6Smackdown View Post
I think sometimes, I'm just an experiment to the government. Secretly, they place operatives around me, to observe and study me under stress. Then, when I try to do something, they **** me, to note my reactions. lol.

That's some funny sh*t...

Yeah there are a lot of those operatives, they're researching how far they can push, regulate, and tax the American public before they snap like dry twigs...they're recording every move you make buddy, and mine too...oh, and they all have job security, paid vacations and million dollar government pensions they earn just making us miserable, lol

Hope this doesn't push you over the edge! :biggrin:

I hope it doesn't either.... If it does, you guys will know about it. It'll read something about violence, and a certain performance shop lol. Mechanics suck...

Back