Improved a little, new time 12.47

I have an air bag, but I didn't install it yet, will try to get it in before Friday. Timing is at 18 degrees, I know I should bum it up running the 110 octane. AFR on the 12.29 had a fat spot in it around 4k but leaned out to 11.5 by the top of the run. I'm still learning the affect of changing a row of cells in the VE table. It seems you can not just change say the row in 4k column, the surrounding cells affect the AFR. That's what I'm working on now.

Give it some timing. Install the airbag and put 25 psi in it, drop the tire pressure to 17 and see what it does. Dragway 42 isn't doing you any favors either. Bring it to Norwalk for the Buick race, and you will see a totally different car.

Keep up the good work. You'll be getting kicked out before ya know it.
Congrats on the LOW 12!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks, of course I forgot to hit the space bar and log my last 2 runs. I need a big flashing light that says "log runs stupid"

And the last 2 runs were at 18 psi in the Dr's with a little fuel adjustment in the upper VE. It also picked up 1 mph after fuel change. I think it's 3 runs away from 11's. If I can get that 60' to 1.6 it will run an 11.80

A little update. The last track night took out my front brakes, the pads were worn down to the squealers. I installed a new set of drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk ceramic pads with all new bearings packed with synthetic grease. The brakes are better than ever, these pads are nice and quiet so far.

By the end of the week I'll have UMI rear control arms and that damn air bag installed. All I need to shave off is that .0200 and I'm done for the summer. Still thinking about coming up to Norwalk on the 8th if I can line up a trailer. It's too damn far if I break it.

New upper and lower control arms are on and air bag is in. There's nothing like access to a lift and air tools. I pulled the pass side valve cover and all of the push rods to check them. All seems good, a lot of stuff seems to come loose. While I was under the car I tightened up the exhaust and intercooler shroud. I have a slight tick around the area of the egr block off plate. It was loose but I think it still has a little issue. I'm going to go over a few things tomorrow before the track.

I couldn't stop thinking about the ticking noise. I went back out to the garage and pulled the EGR block off plate.

There it is... I made a gasket out of the center of a small block Chevy fuel pump gasket because the parts stores are closed and I couldn't wait. No more tick, my car is back to quiet as a mouse.

I have a feeling no one is checking back on my thread, but that's OK. It's therapeutic.

I'm watching too... Keep up the good work.

Aaron

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app