incorrectly installed cam sensor?

Little Detroit

I took my car into the shop for an oil change. When I went back to get the car they could not get it to crank. They discovered that the mechanic shorted out my cam sensor. They replaced the cam sensor, but now the car stumbles around 15mph, and when I step on the gas it holds for two to three seconds before releasing. The car has never had any mechanical issues while in my possession. Could they have installed the cam sensor incorrectly, or might this be something else?

-Robert

never ever leave your car at a shop unless they are turbo buick only , for an oilchange you should stay there and watch till done... hired help are all too eager to take a turbobuick it for a joy ride
dont know why if its there for an oil change they would be monkeying under the hood ,even if it didnt start ,without your consent
then to supposedly shorty a cam sensor means they dont have a clue
if it were damaged the cap only requires replacing which is held on by two phillips screws and indexes with a tab on underside of cap and doesnt change the adjustment
if they replaced the entire sensor (which is expensive by the way) it needs to be reinstalled properly and since they claim mechanic shorted it i doubt he would have a clue how to do properly
also to remove cam sensor coolant sensor for ecu and maf sensor possibly were unplugged , and may not have been plugged back in

check for water in the oil and see if your headgaskets are still in tact

now on your part ..do you have a scanmaster??

never ever leave your car at a shop unless they are turbo buick only , for an oilchange you should stay there and watch till done...
♤♤♤ THIS!!!! ♤♤♤♤

Stil trying to understand why they would mess with the cam sensor for an oil change? They try to manually prime it????

The monkey probably thought that was where you put the oil in.

this is just wild hypothetical but if the oil was drained filter not primed and fuel relay was bad and he has the oe oil switch the pump wont come on without oil pressure which will take a bit of cranking

and the op said crank ,i assume this was the shops choice of words
if starter spins a mechanic would say it cranks but wont start or wont fire,
if he said it wont crank and the starter spins ..hes an oil jockey

still cant understand how they decided to play with cam sensor on a "no crank " .. or why they played at all

I was told that brake cleaner was used, and that is what killed my crank sensor. The shop said it would not crank, but when I got there the starter spun, and the engine turned over, but it would not fire up, and run on its own. They replaced the crank sensor, and now the engine runs... but, as I mentioned earlier she is letting me know there is still something wrong.

-Robert

any codes on scanmaster?

what does the tps read . if they hosed the motor that could be shot..its not waterproof

and its really impossible to hose a cam sensor with brake clean .. its a sealed sensor and plug is weatherproof

I think there is some confusion between the cam and crank sensor in this post. Was the crank sensor replaced or was the cam sensor replaced? I’m guessing they replaced the crank sensor since I don’t think oil change places could set a cam sensor. It’s also expensive so I would think they may have moved the cam sensor out of adjustment trying to figure out how to get it to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crank sensor is a sealed sensor as well has weatherproof plug ... brake clean should have no affect

does your fuel pump prime (pump run for two seconds) when key is turned on ?

Ok, this is weird... I came home from work, jumped in the car, and drove off. Spent about 30 minutes driving around. I stayed off of it for the most part, but I got into it a little bit. No red flags out of the Scanmaster, no codes, no bad sounds, no stumbling, no nothing. She drove like she always has without problem, or hesitation.

Just to clarify it was the Crank Sensor. They did not charge me, but they did give me the “bill”, and receipts for my records. I like to keep documentation on everything done to the car whether I pay for it, or not.

-Robert

Sounds like the problem wasn’t related to the cam or crank sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like he chose the wrong shop for an oil change ..his next post will be why does my motor clatter on startup , followed by i got a tapping noise that wont go away and its getting louder everyday i drive it