You can type here any text you want

Injector Resistor Pack to run larger injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sakudog

Does anyone sell it? Is it typical to do a DIY solution? Any links out there?

Is it not possible to do this with our ECM (like it is on others) and is there another solution?

Sorry guys, very new to Buicks and a lot of times my knowledge from 2JZGTE & LSX cars doesn't seem to apply :)

Going E85 and want to go large on the fuel to start so I don't' have to redo it later when I upgrade the motor/turbo!

You need to replace the drivers. Idk where to source them though. The injectors are the resistors.

Interesting, so if the only option on the Turbo Buick is to replace the drivers (which is different than other cars that will just accept a resistor between the driver & injector) who provides that service? Anyone know? :)

I don't see how adding resistance would work on anything. The injectors are lower resistance and need a peak and hold driver. Adding resistance in between would interfere with injector operation. I've seen converted ECM's for sale. Bob bailey might know what to do. Pm turbobob

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/83lb-low-z-delphi-injectors-tt-e85-chip.351274/ <-- Turbo Buick member that has accomplished this and explains a tad bit in his post.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inj...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Supra, Honda, Mitsubishi guys do this to allow their factory ECU's drive low z injectors, but I'm not a master in understanding the technology and how this is accomplished and what is different on the Buick driver vs the above drivers.

I'll reach out to forcefed86 & turbobob as well!

With big flow, hi Z injs now on the mkt, can you find the size you need w/out the mods?

Turbobob used to install the peak and hold drivers but the supply of parts sorta ran low. Not sure if he found a new source yet.

Red Armstrong (quad air) also did the peak and hold driver modification. Not sure if he still does it either.....

Sometimes you can find modified ECMs for sale here.

I should be doing some more this month. (August 2012)

Anyone needing it done can send me a PM so I can set it all up.

Bob

Back