You can type here any text you want

Input shaft o-ring?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIN7

Could a damaged input shaft o-ring allow part throttle tcc lockup and leak tcc apply pressure at wot? I do remember having a very difficult time getting that last "clunk" while seating the tc into the pump, maybe I nicked the o-ring.

Mike

Could a damaged input shaft o-ring allow part throttle tcc lockup and leak tcc apply pressure at wot? I do remember having a very difficult time getting that last "clunk" while seating the tc into the pump, maybe I nicked the o-ring.

Mike

Damaged O ring should prevent lockup not apply it at the wrong time.

Damaged O ring should prevent lockup not apply it at the wrong time.

Is it possible to have part throttle lock up under light throttle ( I can feel the rpms drop when the tcc locks) but not wot lockup due to a damaged oring? I am thinking that when under full tv (this trans will go over 275psi) the oring doesn't hold the pressure and I get no wot lock up (I can program the chip to wot lock and I see the ecm flag it on the datalog). Other than a flat area on the rpm trace (4250 rpm from 82-88mph when wot locked) the rpms match locked vs. unlocked (5300ish at 108-109 mph).

Mike

Is it possible to have part throttle lock up under light throttle ( I can feel the rpms drop when the tcc locks) but not wot lockup due to a damaged oring? I am thinking that when under full tv (this trans will go over 275psi) the oring doesn't hold the pressure and I get no wot lock up (I can program the chip to wot lock and I see the ecm flag it on the datalog). Other than a flat area on the rpm trace (4250 rpm from 82-88mph when wot locked) the rpms match locked vs. unlocked (5300ish at 108-109 mph).

Mike

2004r's are not a PWM lockup it's all on or all off. Should drop about 250-350 rpms while crusing,don't know how many at wot. I suspect there's another issue,maybe on of the board vendors will read this and help out.

Back