Installed '85 GN tranny to replace my crappy station wagon tranny

Jeff

'87 GN (for sale)
Some of you may have seen my previous posts. I bought an '87 GN for what I thought was cheap and found that it had a replacement 2004R from a station wagon or something else lame (along with all the OTHER problems the car had, such as being a stolen car). ANYWAY, I found a 30K mile trans from an '85 GN on this forum (Thanks, Kevin) that was less that 3 hours drive away. I really wanted to see the trans before I bought it so this fit the bill. It had been rebuilt with a bunch of go-fast stuff, and had the deep pan, etc. So, it's in the car and seems to be shifting nicely, with no slippage.
Life is good...
Or at least better...
Jeff

i have a olds big car 200 in mine now with the valve body,gov,pump(10 vein) and bigger boost valves out of my 85 bq tranny

and stock brf servo in mine now and its working great (so far)

I should have also mentioned...

That the trans in the car when I bought it was slipping like crazy. If it had been holding reasonably well I would have just driven it as is, but it just couldn't handle any boost at all...unacceptable!!

I am thinking of rebuilding the wagon trans with all heavy duty stuff and putting it in my Suburban (if it's a dual pattern bellhousing).

Jeff