You can type here any text you want

Installed a new Alpine deck, but.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GullsGN

OLD HIPPIE
Well, I installed a new Alpine (9886) deck from Crutchfield, which I love, but I think the universal mounting basket is a piece of sh*t. It is a 1.5 din mount to install th 1 din deck. The space over the deck is supposed to be covered with a plate, but there is no way that plate will snap in like it is supposed to. Are there any other choices for a mount??? Does anyone else sell something better, or do most of you do some fabbing when mounting a single din unit in that big empty space??

Steve

I got mine from Walmart and thought the adaptor was good. Plastic brackets that the bolts hold to are junk, but it sits in there fine and looks good with the trim on.

I had one a long time ago for my other Cutlass that was real nice... got it at a stereo shop. Maybe give one of your locals a try.

Well, I installed a new Alpine (9886) deck from Crutchfield, which I love, but I think the universal mounting basket is a piece of sh*t. It is a 1.5 din mount to install th 1 din deck. The space over the deck is supposed to be covered with a plate, but there is no way that plate will snap in like it is supposed to. Are there any other choices for a mount??? Does anyone else sell something better, or do most of you do some fabbing when mounting a single din unit in that big empty space??

Steve

oh man!!! i just got mine in the mail yesterday same radio and basket! what a piece of ****! definetly gonna have to come up with something better

Steve

I used the same mounting kit, it was a piece of crap. Try putting everything together, putting the head unit in the basket and everything and then see if the cover thing will stay on. I couldnt get it to, but with everything installed it would stay on finally, worth a shot...Everything else about dealing with crutchfield was GREAT except for that damn adapter kit LOL.

i sell these...:cool: this kit mounts the stereo flush and you can use the steel brackets off the original stereo or it comes with some... $19 shipped

Attachments

• 04-03-07_1756.jpg
    04-03-07_1756.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 149
Back