You can type here any text you want

Installing b body spindles. What are the optimum alignment specs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
GNVAIR: Do you have the measurement of the of the steering arm height on the B-spindle from the bottom ball joint?? I have spare stock spindles I would like to compare with. I do not have any B-spindles, that is why I am asking.

Thanks for your response. Your loose rear could be attributed to:

(1) not having body bushing
(2) loose trailing arm bushings allowing sideways movement during cornering.
(3) Loose bushings and lower arm angle allowing rear toe-out during corners. If you have the rear lowered this should improve instant center for better loading of rear tires, and shoud reduce rear toe-out.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Regarding your adjustment for caster:

If you have to stack a lot of shims on one end of A-arm to get caster, as opposed to relocating ball joint on A-arm to rear; (a)the caster will be reduced when suspension is compressed, and (b) caster increased when suspension is extended over stock layout.

I know these are only slight changes, just not sure how it all works together. It would be worthwhile to take out springs, set spindle at ride height and then check settings (caster, camber, & toe), and bump steer at different heights.

Donald McMullin

My car is not lowered nor do I plan on lowering it. I have a set of the 1LE rear lca bushings that I plan on installing next weekend. I will be installing new Moog uca bushings as well.
The body bushings have not yet been done as I am waiting for more consistant weather conditions here so I can do that outside. I am planning on just replacing all of the bushings with new GM units and adding the missing ones at the same time.
Nothing fancy. The loose rear is something that I feel will be easily solved as it seems to be excessive roll not side to side movement. I have the b body spindles on the car. Next time I go under it I will try to measure the arm length and how high they are from the base of the lower ball joint hole.

Back