You can type here any text you want

installing Plenum and RJS Power plate without gaskets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I was wondering if any people have had alot of success just using aGasket Maker to install their Upper Plenums and power plates.

I have to take off the plenum and sources those plenum gaskets is fun to say the least.

If people have had bad success, or no success for that matter, i guess i will have to make a pair of them.

Curious to see what people say.

Thanks alot,

Adrian

Most auto stores sell gasket material in sheets, I made mine using
an exacto knife and the RJC plate as a template...or call one of the
supporting vendors, I'm sure they can set you up.

that is my plan, buy a sheet and make one and be done with it. i am just cious if people ae going without the penum gaskets, i know lots of people with SBC who use only gasket maket on their thermostats....

Why risk a vacum leak and the issues it brings, then have to go back and take it apart again..
Do it right the first time...theres nothing to save by leaving out a relatively cheap gasket.

I have used Permatex form a gasket #2 and also Right Stuff. No leaks. Just don't go real thick.

I have had my plenium off three times and never had any issues. I purchased the plenium gaskets from Jack Cotton and torqued the bolts to factory specs. Some use studs instead of the factory bolts, but like I said I have had zero issues.

Back