You can type here any text you want

installing ta performance timing set. Am I timing it correctly?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HouTX87

Is this correct? The dot for zero advance on the crank gear lines up with the keyway.

timing set.jpg IMG_20130309_141216_0.jpg

I pm'd Nick Micale and he confirmed that I installed it correctly dot to dot. Anyway it was nice to see that there weren't any broken teeth on the original cam gear but the tensioner spring sure was weak and quite a bit of slack in the chain. The TA timing set fit very nicely.

IMG_20130309_132123_0.jpgIMG_20130309_155449_0.jpgIMG_20130309_132149_0.jpg

Just a little note to grind down and flat level the center tip of where the cam buttom face is rested on

Just a little note to grind down and flat level the center tip of where the cam buttom face is rested on

I took care of that today. I could feel the point in the center of where the cam button had been wearing. I won't have time to put it back together until next weekend. Still need to pull the oil pan off and clean it up.

front cover.jpg

Get a roller cam button if you have not already.

Got the roller cam button. I also cleaned up the inside of the front cover where the original crank seal had been staked. Checked for slack in the oil pump driveshaft and it checks good. I will prime it per the instructions on gnttype.

IMG_20130309_160356_0.jpg

Back