INSURANCE help needed!

Buick From Hell

sixey
Staff member
My old '83 Goldwing Aspencade that I sold to my friend a few years ago, now looks like this...:mad:

Some drunk woman plowed into it while it was sitting in his driveway! (check the skidmarks, kinda appears she was driving across the lawn across the street?) I don't have any more pics, but he tells me it's messed up pretty good...

Anyway, it seems these bikes have the same problems with the insurance companies as the Grand Nationals, Progressive just laughed at my friend when he told them they routinely sell for between $2200 and $3200 (I just bought an '84 last night for $3000, and I think I got a pretty good deal!)

Anyway, my friend is thinking about giving up...I told him I'd summon help from the dark side! :D

so, HELP!! :)

(thanks in advance!)

Simple, Progressive should just go buy him one. Case closed. They can have the hulk in trade. It's the old put-up-or-shut-up technique. I'm sure there's one or two on ebay right about now.

I work for GEICO. Provide proof of value, MULTIPLE advertisements with what the bike sells for, if you can get records even of what a dealer would sell the bike for also that would help too.

Thanks guys!

I think Progressive finally figured out they weren't dealing with a 20 year-old dirt bike! Looks like both suggestions will come into play, seems they've been looking for replacement parts for the bike, and have "exhausted all their options"...First of the week, they're going to go over "figures", so finding out fair market value (multiple ads) will be coming into play, so they can cash him out or get him another bike! :D