Insurance

djork

OK... so I want to get a turbo Buick. How much am I going to pay for insurance? One arm every six months? Or a leg? I am 21, with one accident (not my fault) under my belt. What do you GN drivers pay?

not to bad about 150 to 175 a month. not to bad at all.

*edit*

Will this be your daily driver or a weekend pleasure car?

this will affect your premium. i payed about a 160 bucks a month when the car was a driver when i changed it to a pleasure vehicle it dropped to about a 100 or so.

I pay about $40 a month as a 2nd car.

I can say that they are much cheaper to insure than a mustang or camaro. You should carry full coverage. A lot of people like these cars, and are happy to take them off of your hands when you aren't looking.

Jesus, Dathan! I pay about $75 a month for mine.....this will be dropping drastically in the next couple of months. Most insurance companies don't realy acknowledge them as anything special....just a plain ol' Regal. That's a good thing as it applies to yuor monthly rates- a very bad thing if you ever have to file a total loss claim (theft, total, etc.). Do a search on 'insurance' as well as 'Hagerty' and 'Grundy' as this is a subject that comes up all the time and I don't want to type everything all over again!;)

guys he is only 21 though. thats gunna impact his premium.

mine is a lot less now that i am older and i have a few issues with former insurers(sp) drop off my files.

21 yrs. old will affect his premium, but don't underestimate how important it is what your past insurance looks like. The coverages you've carried as well as the company you've been with in the past has a big impact.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
21 yrs. old will affect his premium, but don't underestimate how important it is what your past insurance looks like. The coverages you've carried as well as the company you've been with in the past has a big impact.

Bingo bimbo!

:)

oh, one thing i learned in dealing with insurance companies... keep your temper in check! they record everything you say. i can tell you from Exp. telling the adjuster to go screw him self over the phone when he tells you that replacing the opera window is not covered under your Free glass rider....

that man bent me over twice............. ok now i am pissed off i will leave work now....

Originally posted by Reaper
they record everything you say.
Well, being an agent myself, I will sometimes tell my customer, 'Let's just keep that our secret.' Most agents are on their customer's side and wish the company would cut them some slack. Believe me, our hands are tied and we do the best we can.....as for the adjuster: they work for the company and yes, *some* of them will indeed try to screw you in order to get a pat on the back from their all powerful master the insurance company.

Well, it also varies state to state as well. If youre in NY, its more like an arm AND a leg every 6 months... :mad:

Originally posted by Brett Haynes
well im 18 and my gn cost me 3500.00 a year for me:mad:

Wow. I really don't mean to pry, but: have you had any accidents or violations?

Originally posted by Brett Haynes
nope no accidents or violations

Man, you need to be shopping around!! :eek: When I was 18, insurance on my GN was less than $125/mo... I think it was even less than $100. Of course, a perfect record and good student discount go a long way.

EDIT: This was in Ohio. Insurance would have been higher in AL, since they just recently mandated drivers to carry automotive insurance.

Mine is less than 40 bucks a month :D and is my primary driver. Things to consider, try haggerty or grundy but you need to have a really nice car for them to insure anything that new, if you have home owners ins. or pay renters insurance go to that company and you will get a discount, take the defensive driving course it gave my 15% on my daily driver, have a second vehicle and tell them its the primary driver and the gn would be pleasure, if your company does not require to see the vehicle buy a piece of crap that doesnt even run or a project car or buy a parts car with title and part it out and just keep the title and use that car as your primary, tell them you have an alarm and theft deterant system it will lower it a bit. And finally get a quote for a hot air to intercool car and see if there is a difference. With my ins. it was considerably cheaper for a hot air, ie. less hp, older, and not stolen as much. Good luck.