You can type here any text you want

Intake manifold machine service

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader6

Turbo Buick enthusiast
Is there anyone who can recommend a machine service that will work a OE intake manifold...remove EGR and PCV, port work etc...I would rather have my OE piece worked over than buy a champion part.

Is there anyone who can recommend a machine service that will work a OE intake manifold...remove EGR and PCV, port work etc...I would rather have my OE piece worked over than buy a champion part.

if your on pump has with OE parts .. why touch the intake .. your just wasting money

That's really something you can do yourself.Draw around the ports with a marker and put the intake in place with all bolts started and shove it as far back as it will go. Then, with the plenum off make a hooked scribe out of a piece of wire, reach into the ports and scribe the heads port shape to the intake.

For some reason there's a lip on the front edge of the manifold ports that is easy to knock off with a dremel tool.

Call Tom @ champion and get one on order. You need to send him your stock intake to be ported. I ordered 2 from him today as he has my cores. This is not the same as his race intake you are thinking of. There are others out there that can do the porting.

I just talked with my friend who does head porting and can do your intake.

To port the intake the price is $350, to remove and weld the EGR from the plenum area will be $150.

Of course hot tank cleaning and bead blasting is also included.

I just talked with my friend who does head porting and can do your intake.

To port the intake the price is $350, to remove and weld the EGR from the plenum area will be $150.

Of course hot tank cleaning and bead blasting is also included.
thanks Nick, if I wanted to just get the EGR AND PCV removed, and made cosmetically nice how much for that? I can skip the porting

Dont skip the porting just get it done and you wont have to worry about it ever again

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Call Tom @ champion and get one on order. You need to send him your stock intake to be ported. I ordered 2 from him today as he has my cores. This is not the same as his race intake you are thinking of. There are others out there that can do the porting.
what is the cost of this part?

what is the cost of this part?

The Race intake is $850, last I checked. This includes the upper plenum (in either 70mm or 90mm), new Champion fuel rails, new braided lines to connect the fuel rails together, and a new Race intake manifold.

Unless you plan on going faster than the 9s, I wouldn't recommend it for the cost compared with Champion's basic $350 porting. Most people will never move enough air to require the race intake.

Your best bet is to just quickly square the port exit with sand paper rolls and have the egr tower milled out. I had an almost back to back test and there was zero gain on a 600ish whp application over stock. I'm sure the gains would come if rpm and displacement increased but below 5800 I saw nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to just quickly square the port exit with sand paper rolls and have the egr tower milled out. I had an almost back to back test and there was zero gain on a 600ish whp application over stock. I'm sure the gains would come if rpm and displacement increased but below 5800 I saw nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same results on 2 identical cars.. 10.50-10.80 GN saw no gains with a Champion ported intake

Back