Intake manifolds

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
I'm doing some upgrading of my intake and thought I'd share some pics of the O/H.

Attachments

• IMGP1260rs.jpg
    IMGP1260rs.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,441
you still are running a IAC don.. looks like thats what the black sensor is on the bottom cloth in the middle?

Im suprised...

I have it mounted on the throttle body, but it's not being used. The IAC feature is turned off in the EMS software.

What are you up to now Don? Looks interesting....
I'm o-ringing some sealing surfaces, adding some additional fasteners to get ready for higher boost numbers (over 30 psi), changing materials of the fuel rails from anodized aluminum and plastic to stainless, fabbing an air bleed valve for the internal fuel rail, and whatever else that comes to mind.

You know me better than that. I wouldn't leave you hanging with one little picture.

Custom 100mm throttle body. Configured to be GM friendly.

Attachments

• IMGP1269rs.jpg
    IMGP1269rs.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,207
The throttle body mounted to the upper plenum cover.

Attachments

• IMGP1277rs.jpg
    IMGP1277rs.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,171
Last defense poppet valve

I developed this poppet valve to guard against intake manifold backfires. It's common to see alcohol and/or nitrous cars turn their intakes to shrapnel. This device has saved me countless times throughout the years.

The design is pretty unique. Not the easiest way to make a poppet, but this design keeps the package short.

Attachments

• IMGP1262rs.jpg
    IMGP1262rs.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,151
The cover with the adjuster bolt and the spring plate with springs.

Attachments

• IMGP1264rs.jpg
    IMGP1264rs.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,121
Springs and spring plate set atop the poppet valve.

Attachments

• IMGP1265rs.jpg
    IMGP1265rs.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,128
The cover layed over the valve and bolted through the plenum and into a support plate inside the plenum.

Attachments

• IMGP1266rs.jpg
    IMGP1266rs.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,111
Runner entry plates bolted to the plenum. The runner entrances use an eliptical flare design.

Attachments

• IMGP1273rs.jpg
    IMGP1273rs.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,124
A sandwiching support plate on the outside of the plenum to make for a better seal between the plenum and the runner entrance plates. I use a Motoseal sealer on the mating surface of the runner entrance plate to the plenum.

Attachments

• IMGP1274rs.jpg
    IMGP1274rs.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,077
A closer view of the runner entrance support plate. The notches in the support plate are to clear the electronic injector bosses.

Attachments

• IMGP1275rs.jpg
    IMGP1275rs.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,071