You can type here any text you want

Intercooler Scoop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
BIGGDOGGTTA,

Do you think it would be possible for you to manufacture a replacement scoop that is durable and functional but not as expensive because it does not look like the original or is made out of a different material. I do not need one as my TTA only has 2k miles but I am interested in supporting vendors who make parts for such a limited production vehicle. Key chains and the like are nice but having a good running car and access to the needed parts is more important to me and most other owners I think. I just thought there might be a compromise possible somewhere in between where the cost can be kept down but the functionality will remain. No one wants to see you stuck with inventory because you will be less likely to produce any other parts in the future. There has to be a way for everyone, TTA parts manufacturers and TTA parts buyers, to be happy here. Thanks for all of your efforts, it is appreciated.

Originally posted by BIGGDOGGTTA
Guys,

Sounds like no one really needs the original shroud since they would prefer to modify the piece anyway. I was under the initial impression that folks wanted the original appearance and performance for these $31K cars but that is just no the case. I will not go to production on the part since the market desire is not there. Thanks for all the honest input, saves the grief of having $50K+ in parts sitting in inventory. We do have numerous other TTA accessory pieces to offer such as Key Chains, Valve Stem Caps, Floor Mats, etc, etc, etc

Do you have any TTA t-shirts and/or caps?

I would definately be in the market for an improved design. I agree, maybe I might put my Mechanical Engineering Degree to work and try to develop something and sale it to someone capable of manufacturing such piece.

:D

Captain Mark,

Yes, we do offer several designs and colors of GM Licensed TTA shirts. Call 678-431-1408 to order from our show stock.

1987 GN,

Thanks for your support and encouragement. A modified design is not difficult; most anyone can do this in the comfort of their own workshop using Home Depot resources. If a TTA is to have any significant monetary value in the future it will have to consist of original stock appearing/reproduction parts. The real difference here is between the collector appeal process and the modify and drive philosophy. The original piece is a good part when it is not run into something.

I don't know about the other owners, but I believe as drive as intended. The TTA was built to do one thing.... Perform. I bought mine to modify and run an 11.99(I dont want to have to cage it).

I love the performance and upgradeablity of these cars. I don't think those who store cars away just to look at and brag about having less then 10,000miles on their car are truely enjoying it. Though, thats just me, and besides mine was saved froma junk yard and therefor has a salvaged title. So... I am going to make one hell of a street car out of it. :cool:

BIGGDOGGTTA:
I do plan on getting one if the stock one is ever made. I don't have the money right now so therefore, I will have to find a good relplacement until then. Right now, I am going to "bandaid" the problem. Could you give a ballpark date on when you might be able to start production? And lets just say that you had enough buyers too.

BTW- I really appreciate you making these parts for out TTA's.:D Two thimbs up for you man!

Thanks,

The pictures:

Number one is of the scoop as it came on my 26K mile car and my template ready to be traced out on some thin sheet.
http://www.goattraks.com/graphics/temp/icscoop1.jpg

Number two is the scoop again from a different angle and the reinforcement after I cut it out. The "wings" are also bent down here as well. It is almost ready to go on the snout of the scoop. Also included is the screen I made. Mine was gone and I wanted a little something in there.
http://www.goattraks.com/graphics/temp/icscoop2.jpg

Number three is after attacement and paint.
http://www.goattraks.com/graphics/temp/icscoop3.jpg

Couple of notes. After I cut out the reinforcement I ran a wheel around the edges to take out any burrs and to smooth the cuts. I bent down the "wings" and fit it to the scoop. I then painted both sides before final attachement. I installed the screen using the holes from the origional rivits and finished it all up with a several thin coats of heat paint. The scoop was also torn apart at the bottom corners of the opening for the IC. Sections of the scoop are joined here with rivits. I cut some rectandular shaped slivers out of my scraps, folded them in half to form sort of a crused "C" shape, and used them to reinforce these points.

Bottom line, now I can drive and enjoy my $31K (when new) car with a little bit more of a functional scoop, some protection to the IC, and no real worries. Like I said, should it become damaged I just bend it back and if anyone does not like it then they can go tell someone that cares.

Latter guys!!!

Brent

Back