Interior Color Change

Scot,
I must say you really know how to capture the thoughts that might fly through peoples' minds. You though seem to know how to make it into reality.

I'd like to see a pic of the Mustang seats.

Remember: "With great success, comes greater responsibility!" I think that's a quote from Will Ferrell:biggrin:

BTW, I remember us talking about gauge set-ups when my Dad and I stopped by, but I didn't know you were gonna move that quick. That is the same set-up I am planning. How was the assembly?

That's about as custom as custom gets while still retaining a factory look. Saaaaaweeeet.

Scot,
I must say you really know how to capture the thoughts that might fly through peoples' minds. You though seem to know how to make it into reality.

I'd like to see a pic of the Mustang seats.

Remember: "With great success, comes greater responsibility!" I think that's a quote from Will Ferrell:biggrin:

BTW, I remember us talking about gauge set-ups when my Dad and I stopped by, but I didn't know you were gonna move that quick. That is the same set-up I am planning. How was the assembly?
Installing it in was pretty simple and now caspers makes a adapter that even makes it easyer. I bought the gauges then I contacted (Bent6) Will Wilkerson here and I sent him my core support and my gauges and he done the modifying of the core support and installed the gauges and LED lights (turn signals) and then sent it all back already bench tested. So I installed it and I must say it was worth every penny. Contact Will and let him make life easy for you.

Scot W.

I've been in contact with Will(Bent 6) since he started doing these. I have the plate and extra core support. Now all I need is to find some money that I think I lost to buy all of the gauges.
It sure looks good and seeing yours is just that much more enticing.
I put my SC&C Stage 2 front end kit on the car and still need to install the HR bar I bought myself for Christmas.

How is the heinie quotient of the Procars?

How did you mount the ALKY switch to your HIDDEN Tach bracket?

How is the heinie quotient of the Procars?

How did you mount the ALKY switch to your HIDDEN Tach bracket?
The Procar's are nice seats but are a tad stiff. I'm not sure if it's because they are a racing-sport seat or because they are brand new, either way you look at it they are way better than the Pillow back theater seating and much better than the stock regal buckets. They hold you in real nice.

Yep I used my Tach bracket for mounting the Alky controler and it worked out great!

Take the plunge on the dash, You won't regret it!

SW.

Scot,

What gauges did you go with, ALL electrical ones? Also, where can I get one of those center console armrests?
Lastly, what did you use to adhere the carpet to the floorboards? I know you told me what adhesive to use to adhere the trunk carpet when I stopped by your house last June and of course I forgot what that is. I'm asking because I've had the black GN carpet to replace mine with for some time and NEED to get it done!!!

Scot,

What gauges did you go with, ALL electrical ones? Also, where can I get one of those center console armrests?
Lastly, what did you use to adhere the carpet to the floorboards? I know you told me what adhesive to use to adhere the trunk carpet when I stopped by your house last June and of course I forgot what that is. I'm asking because I've had the black GN carpet to replace mine with for some time and NEED to get it done!!!
I did go with all elec. eccept the boost gauge.

I like to use 3M "General Trim Adhesive" NOT the super adhesive!!

That armrest is a mystery! LOL I got it from a freind to eventually re-make them but it's been hell trying to find a company to mold them in plastic like this one. So far it's the BEST one i've seen compared to the others out there today.

SW.

I really REALLY like the look of those seats. Guess I'd better start saving up. Next time I find my place headed to your neck of the woods, I'd like to see this car in person.

Scot,

Did you end up going with all Full Sweep gauges or are some of the small ones 1/2 sweep? How much shopping around did you do to find the best prices? Or did you just buy them all from Summit and be done with it.

Geez...a mystery! And here I just thought it was some plywood recovered!?!:tongue:

Scot,

Did you end up going with all Full Sweep gauges or are some of the small ones 1/2 sweep? How much shopping around did you do to find the best prices? Or did you just buy them all from Summit and be done with it.

Geez...a mystery! And here I just thought it was some plywood recovered!?!:tongue:
I will see if I can find my part numbers for the gauges I ordered. I did do some shopping around and found the best prices off a internet company and summit or jeggs would'nt price match so I did'nt buy from them. Will also has all the correct part numbers for the Autometer Phantom gauges if I can't find my paper with the numbers..

SW.

The best interior of any Turbo Buick anywhere! Wow:) The seats are perfect. I wish i could see that in person.

Scot, What are you doing for floor mats? I don't see any...yet! Also, I got your VM on Friday. I was at work so I wasn't able to answer. Thanks for the update and I will be waiting, patiently! :)

Scot, What are you doing for floor mats? I don't see any...yet! Also, I got your VM on Friday. I was at work so I wasn't able to answer. Thanks for the update and I will be waiting, patiently! :)
I'm making my own set! Not going with embroidery but something else COMPLETELY different that hasn't been seen yet! ;)

On your project, I will be going from store to store on monday trying to find 2 boxes so we can get you on your way with your project.

SW.

My 79 turbo coupe had all black interior. The car looked bad ass with limited package, 2 tone black and grey paint, and billet specialties wheels. Nice job man! Brought back memories:cool: Can't believe it took this long for someone to switch over to all black:rolleyes:

I'm sure all of us are excited to see what is planned for the mats! I know I am! BUT where is this new trunk kit???
Hopefully you will be able to FINALLY find some boxes for me. I apologize that it hasn't been an easier task.

On a side note, I have all of my gauges, core support and plate boxed up and ready to send to Will, but he told me he can't get to it too soon.
I'm making my own set! Not going with embroidery but something else COMPLETELY different that hasn't been seen yet! ;)

On your project, I will be going from store to store on monday trying to find 2 boxes so we can get you on your way with your project.

SW.

scot your seats look wicked nice do you need to mod them to install or does it bolt right in i own a set of recaros but i need brackets to install:rolleyes:

scot your seats look wicked nice do you need to mod them to install or does it bolt right in i own a set of recaros but i need brackets to install:rolleyes:
Hi,

Do you have the seat tracks already? if No - you will have to order those from Recaro.

If so, Then all you need to due is call Recaro or go there website and find the style (model) seat you have and tell them you need the bracket to fit the GN and I think the correct part number for those brackets to fit the Buick G-Body's is # 81182.

I would also call SUMMIT and ask if that seat bracket (8112) will also fit recaro. (I seem to think it will).

The 8112 brackets Also fit:

Buick: Centry 78-87 (driver & pass), Regal 78-87 (Driver & pass), Chevelle 78-87 (driver & pass), Malibu 78-88 (driver & pass)..

Scot W.

I'm sure all of us are excited to see what is planned for the mats! I know I am! BUT where is this new trunk kit???
Hopefully you will be able to FINALLY find some boxes for me. I apologize that it hasn't been an easier task.

On a side note, I have all of my gauges, core support and plate boxed up and ready to send to Will, but he told me he can't get to it too soon.
Trunk kit on hold while I do the trans cooler, New Hood liners, and lower the car. Then onto the trunk kit.. I'm kind of leaving it for last seeing that it's in the trunk and really not seen like everything else.. PRIORITYS!! :biggrin: LOL

SW.