Interior Color Change

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I know I may get some flack from some of the purists BUT it's what I wanted to do. I'm changing my whole interior over to Black, yes everything that was gray will now be black. The seats will be Recaro's in black leather with black Swede inserts, The door panels will be done in the black Swede with some custome touches, the headliner will also be in black Swede. I will post progress pic's as I go along.

Here are some before pic's of the interior before I started..

Enjoy!

Scot W.

Attachments

• P9180342.jpg
    P9180342.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • X-ray%20013.jpg
    X-ray%20013.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,058
Hey Scot,

Michelle is looking for a set of Gray seat belts for Mable. Can we work out some sort of deal? Maybe buy the seatbelts from you and you throw in the seats for free? :biggrin:

Hey Scot,

Michelle is looking for a set of Gray seat belts for Mable. Can we work out some sort of deal? Maybe buy the seatbelts from you and you throw in the seats for free? :biggrin:
John give me a call buddy.

Scot W.

I say go for it. I think it would look killer. I know some guy who has the fastest TSM car on the planet wanting to do the same thing to his car.....:)

Headliner - In black suede (Already in the car now).

Attachments

• Interior 004.jpg
    Interior 004.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 990
Steering wheel - Done in Landau black with silver alen screws around the horn ring.

Attachments

• Interior 010.jpg
    Interior 010.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 976
Rear speaker tray - Done in the same Black suede.

Attachments

• Interior 011.jpg
    Interior 011.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 985
Door Panel- The hard parts of this doorpanel is done in landau black dye and the upper panel is done in the black suede and the pleets were pressed back in to keep the stock look.

The lower panel was carpeted and the speaker cover was done as well. The pull strap will be from a 1986 GN (as they were black).

More to come as I put this thing together..

SW,

Attachments

• Interior 006.jpg
    Interior 006.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 994
  • Interior 008.jpg
    Interior 008.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 992
  • Interior 015.jpg
    Interior 015.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 972
  • Interior 017.jpg
    Interior 017.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 967
Looks good. I bet some guys think your going to hell for this :eek::D
Thanks! GM should go to hell for not doing this in the first place!! ;) I personally just got tired of looking at the "Grandma Gray" interior and it's complete blandness. This change is also for function as well as looks. Wait till you see the seats!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Are you selling the old seats?
YES I will be selling the seats but need to check with a local sale first with someone already interested. When ready I will post up a new thread in the appropriate area.

SW.

I like to know what you used to prep and paint the interior?

Dannyo
Well it was Dye not paint and I used lacquer thinner to soften up the plastic first for a good bite and to wipe away any grease, dirt, grime off the panels then I used a adhesion promoter and dyed them in very thin mist coats until completely covered. My parents have owned a custom auto upholstery shop ever since I was 14 and this is what we have always done on complete color changes. Will it scratch if done hard enough? Yes! but after doing a complete color change like this you tend to be extra careful and if it were to scratch it's easily touched up! ;)

Scot W.