Iowa Meet up/parts swap meet? Sept 26th?

VtheGNMan

I am wondering if anyone would like to have a meet up here in Iowa on Sept 26th at the Coralville, Coral Ridge Mall? I believe the Sears Building and Parking Lot is still vacant so there would be plenty of space to gather without fears of parking lot mishaps or a crowded lot. Perhaps at 2:30 in the afternoon?
Chime in if you interested in planning a get together.

We can also have a parts swap meet or sell any parts among ourselves without shipping costs. For example I have 4 Kirban GNX Flares, uncut, painted gloss black that are really nice. I'd be interested in selling or working a trade for some GN Rims. I also have a couple gallons Alky that I don't need since converting to E85.

Anyone interested in this??? Chime in if you are, if there is no interest expressed the idea will be scrapped.

Why don't you guys come out the event Tim is holding in Gurnee IL.... It should be a pretty good turn out on the same day!

Prasad

I'm game for the 26th at Coralville.

Prasad, these guys live a long ways from Chicago.

Jeremy, awesome you are in! Will be great to meet you in person. Hope more can chime in and make it too.
Prasad thanks for the invite but would be too far to drive the car over for just the day and then head back.

Just need to get some people to come too!
Jeremy you think your dad or brother with the TR will come too?

I'll certainly ask. My dad sold his Limited but I'm sure he will drive my brothers car.

I don't see any reason why I can't make it. I'm an hour from there. Count me in. I have a buddy in Iowa City with a low mile GN that will probably come too.

Tell everyone! The more the merrier! I messaged all the guys who chimed into the old thread too. Anyone have any parts they want to sell and can bring along if someone is interested?
I have a set of Kirban GNX Fender Flares, painted professionally, great condition and uncut. Would trade for 2- 15" x 10" Stock looking widened GN rims. Would add some money too to even the trade up. I am also looking for a HR Parts rear bushing removal tool if someone has one and wants to part with it. I'll need it this winter and could even just borrow or rent it and ship it back to you.

Thanks for the invite. I still haven't fired my car. Now found out I have to redo the whole frame notch that someone butchered. I am looking for a turbo hood if anyone knows of any. either fiberglass or steel. color dont matter. Also, rear liscence plate fold down bracket and hardware. The metal clips that hold the rear speakers in. I do have a factory metal radiator top plate. Idk what its worth but seems like guys are wanting them. Ill never use it. Im up in cedar rapids. I have a set of 28.105.15s mt et drags if anyone is looking for a pair?

Let's cancel this attempt at an outing and just try for another meet up in the spring. There was only 3 guys confirmed attending and 1 might have to cancel now. Lets shoot for something in the spring or join onto another event as mentioned this year in other threads. The Cruise to the Woods is Oct 4th in Fort Dodge or the QC Gearheads' have their Buffalo Pumpkin Patch Cars Show that same day in Buffalo IA.
One day I hope to get all of us together! Just doesn't seem like timing is right on this.

I have a Buick event in Chicago on Saturday the 3rd. It's probably one of those deals where if I stay all night, I'd feel like crap the next day (alky induced!) But if you guys would like to plan to meet at the Pumpkin patch, I'll head home early Saturday. Sundays car show at the pumpkin patch would be a great time for all ages. It's a nice event. The pumpkin patch is a very nice family farm with tons of activities for the kids. Probably the only car show I look forward to all year.