Is a Turbobuick considered a Muscle car?

The so call muscle car really started in the late 1950’s. My brother had a 59 Chevy with a 348 and three two’s on the intake. It was a heavy car but fast in the day. In the later 60’s I hung out at Sox & Martins shop as it was close to our farm. Washing cars, doing machine work. Sometimes was able to drive their cars. I had a Z28 which was quick. However the 69/70 chevelle was the fastest production car. W/0 mods you we’re talking high 12’s maybe 105–108 mph in a 1/4. The turbo Buick is a different animal. Really a freak of nature. Stock it was close to the Chevelle. With mods it is scary. My 14k Buick had 550 at the rear wheels. But in many ways it was like the straight Line rocket. Like the 60’s cars. But that’s where it ends. I’ve been in both worlds, two different eras. The turbo Buick is really stand alone car. The muscle cars there were many. So for me the Turbo Buick is very very special, but not a muscle car, but the king .

The so call muscle car really started in the late 1950’s. My brother had a 59 Chevy with a 348 and three two’s on the intake. It was a heavy car but fast in the day. In the later 60’s I hung out at Sox & Martins shop as it was close to our farm. Washing cars, doing machine work. Sometimes was able to drive their cars. I had a Z28 which was quick. However the 69/70 chevelle was the fastest production car. W/0 mods you we’re talking high 12’s maybe 105–108 mph in a 1/4. The turbo Buick is a different animal. Really a freak of nature. Stock it was close to the Chevelle. With mods it is scary. My 14k Buick had 550 at the rear wheels. But in many ways it was like the straight Line rocket. Like the 60’s cars. But that’s where it ends. I’ve been in both worlds, two different eras. The turbo Buick is really stand alone car. The muscle cars there were many. So for me the Turbo Buick is very very special, but not a muscle car, but the king .

Those 60 degree engines did have a odd look to them. They say the 60s cars would of been lots of times 1 second faster in the quarter if they had the tires of today. 59 chevy still only put out what, 240hp or so and was fairly heavy at about 3600# plus or minus. Make is rumble Daddy! :D

Mustangs,Cougars,Cudas,Dusters,Challengers,Javelins,Firebirds,and Camaros are Pony Cars. Corvettes are super cars. Midsized Sedans with big power are and always have been and always will be Muscle Cars. The last muscle cars made in America were the 1984-1987 Buick turbo Regals. There were many cars made in America that weren't midsized sedans and were and are very muscular. They're just not Mascle Cars.

Mustangs,Cougars,Cudas,Dusters,Challengers,Javelins,Firebirds,and Camaros are Pony Cars. Corvettes are super cars. Midsized Sedans with big power are and always have been and always will be Muscle Cars. The last muscle cars made in America were the 1984-1987 Buick turbo Regals. There were many cars made in America that weren't midsized sedans and were and are very muscular. They're just not Mascle Cars.
corvettes are not put in the class of supercars but in the class of sports cars .. ;)

I aways understood the muscle car by definition was invented by Pontiac in 1964.it was that manufactures (i dont know if it was DOT or just a rule) Manufactures rule CU IN never was more then 10% of the weight of the car .When Pontiac put a 389 into a 3200 -34000LB midsize lemans the "Muscle Car " was born 64 GTO .Had nothing to do with Horsepower .Had to do with CU IN/weight .So by definition no the GN is not a muscle car as invented in the mid 60s.All the other manufactures piled on then they saw the success of the poncho sales .Even Buick in 65 Rushing a 65 GS out the door mid year to steal some sales from Pontiac .Buick put the torque # on the air filter to fool the public that it was even bigger CU IN .But Dot then limited 455 CU IN later years .I have a story from Ben Harrison at pontiac about that to R.I.P Ben

I guess ill have to throw this in the trash :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0112.jpg

well if you insist ... so Lawton "the arm pit of America" as Barry switzer liked to call it LOL was riddled with various dance clubs ... probably too many to count , so they they were all jockeying for position kinda like a muscle car ... they would let just about anyone in to see what wares they had ... there was a low grade one called the red lace where I met a girl named peaches or the Dutches I can't remember ... but what I do remember was her fascination with smelling my arm pits ... nasty bitch she was a true MUSCLAE CAR born just before 72 LOL ... very aggressive and powerful kinda scared me for a bit .. but once the oil was changed:sneaky: it was all good off to the races ... and eating Korean food at the junction off cache BLVD ... good times ... thought I was a Muscle Car LOL

Than you would love the Wheel Inn (real dive) in Tupper Lake. They really expanded from the 60s. I remember my Dad stopping and going in for a drink. Even at our ages we knew the flashing sign, "Go Go Girl" nightly was the draw. My brother and I sneaked a look and could make our some hussy flinging herself around. Funny how a drink can take 45 minutes.
As you can see if you scroll down on the left they up'd the auntie to 3 go go girls. At a later time in life going in there "once" I think they were girls. Took quite a while for different blood to get into the population of the Adirondacks for the females to start to at least look like females. :ROFLMAO:

Than you would love the Wheel Inn (real dive) in Tupper Lake. They really expanded from the 60s. I remember my Dad stopping and going in for a drink. Even at our ages we knew the flashing sign, "Go Go Girl" nightly was the draw. My brother and I sneaked a look and could make our some hussy flinging herself around. Funny how a drink can take 45 minutes.
As you can see if you scroll down on the left they up'd the auntie to 3 go go girls. At a later time in life going in there "once" I think they were girls. Took quite a while for different blood to get into the population of the Adirondacks for the females to start to at least look like females. :ROFLMAO:

Gimme dollar :p

car show stuff doesn't mean squat :p show an shiners have their own lingo.
the show and shines are in their own little world:sneaky: ... but i like the ones that are professional judged and have 200 plus cars ,thats where you get trophies like that fine one in my hand pure baccarat crystal LOL ... and it just so happens one of the judges worked for Buick research and development of the GN.. he was Grumpy like you :LOL: