You can type here any text you want

is it time for a aftermarket cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
all i asked was at what amount of modifacation was it neccesary to leave the stock cam shaft and i made a list of parts so maybe some one coulkd point me in a direction of a good grind to complement what i had

what i got back was ...
1 "With all those mods I doubt the cam is stock. Find out what cam you have."
what did i say it was ? a stock cam, why dont u belive me ? do i have to prove to u what i have to get your advise ? if so asume i lied and tell me your advise that would save time for both of us
(Since you're new I'm gonna say...WHOA BIG FELLA! Not trying to insult or aggrivate you. Get hold of one of the builders on the board and talk to them. Before you go any further there's a lot to the Buick that can screw you up so do some reading and make sure to get a good machine shop. If you don't get the right one it'll be a nasty mess).
wow what in this reply pretains to my problem . i took this as someone taking the chance to let me know he had been here longer than me and was wanting to make sure i knew that but at the same time help in absolutle no way
(I would definatly talk to some builders on this site to help you with your setup)
THATS WHAT I PUT THIS POST HERE FOR!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

4.artrenee10,84BuickGNYorkPA THANKS GUYS you are helpful

5.TURBOELKY thanks to u too
what you said about the girdel is what my machinist said also its being checked i hope its the problem
i hope u read this post and understand why my additude is $hitty
gnbooster87-your post doesnt even deserve a reply but here goes :tongue:
JST A 6, thats what im looking for is people to help me but all i have gotten is a few tid bits of help and a bunch of crap so why spend hours in front of my keyboard for that ? if i have to read thru 5 bs post to get to a helpfull one id spend time better going in the trial and error direction

now can anyone answer my question about my cam??

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out
action-smiley-069.gif

X2

ahh i dont get a reply thats not nice....look bud if you dont like it here leave you will not be missed, and to finally answer your question &^%$%^&*((_$$#@!@$$%^^%$$$%.... i personally run a 214/214 hydraulic cam, like the advise i gave you go run 30lbs of boost then check in with us when your "MACHINEST GOD" cant figure out what went wrong:cool:

Was going to not post on this thread again but......I know half what most of these guys know. Been in this for only about four years. What could go wrong most likely will with these cars. We where only trying to help save you time, money, engine pulling again, ect. When these guys have been through bad machine shops, wrong setups, spun bearings, wiped cams, ect. they try to help others. You came on here with all the right answers. Some of them may be.....some may not. Who knows. These guys are running in the 9's on pump gas and alky. 8's pass after pass. These are the people you could listen too. Cool off a little and let them help. Just my 2 cents.

Was going to not post on this thread again but......I know half what most of these guys know. Been in this for only about four years. What could go wrong most likely will with these cars. We where only trying to help save you time, money, engine pulling again, ect. When these guys have been through bad machine shops, wrong setups, spun bearings, wiped cams, ect. they try to help others. You came on here with all the right answers. Some of them may be.....some may not. Who knows. These guys are running in the 9's on pump gas and alky. 8's pass after pass. These are the people you could listen too. Cool off a little and let them help. Just my 2 cents.

hes gonna use this post againts you because hes the victim now:rolleyes:

see gnbooster87 thats what you call a mature helpfull post not just a waste of time so far you owe me a few seconds of life for reading you moronic replys

all i asked was at what amount of modifacation was it neccesary to leave the stock cam shaft and i made a list of parts so maybe some one coulkd point me in a direction of a good grind to complement what i had

what i got back was ...
1 "With all those mods I doubt the cam is stock. Find out what cam you have."
what did i say it was ? a stock cam, why dont u belive me ? do i have to prove to u what i have to get your advise ? if so asume i lied and tell me your advise that would save time for both of us

now can anyone answer my question about my cam??

The answer is you need no mods to run the stock cam. Now it would be wise to measure your cam to make sure it's "stock". If it's not you may run into issues with the push rod length. As a previous poster wrote, it probably doesn't have a "stock" cam. All good now? You got a lot to learn about these finicky 6s and your thumbing your nose at people that have been there done that and can save you time and money. Grow up.

My GN has a relatively stock set up, but my T-Type has some of the same mods it looks like your car has. The cam in my T is one most guys would say is a little big for the build, but I'll tell you one thing... a roller cam maybe 212/212 or 210/215 or the one I'm running will make your car run like a different animal. My opinion would be regardless of whether your present cam is stock or not ditch the flat tappet.... go roller. The link below has some good roller kits. Hope that helps ya out some....

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Kit Configuration Page

The answer is you need no mods to run the stock cam. Now it would be wise to measure your cam to make sure it's "stock". If it's not you may run into issues with the push rod length. As a previous poster wrote, it probably doesn't have a "stock" cam. All good now? You got a lot to learn about these finicky 6s and your thumbing your nose at people that have been there done that and can save you time and money. Grow up.

is that what i asked .......................NO
I asked at what piont should i leave the old cam behind which with the opinion of the people here who actually want to help it would seem to be time

and so i can get this out of the way yes belive it or not my cam is stock didnt know i had to prove what im saying is the truth but yes its stock
1 i called talked to the good folks at comp and lunati
then i took it and some calipers to a friend of mine who has his bone stock 86 tore down and guess what ????????? his cam and mine , they are the same !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry guys im not living to type on this computer and get in yalls little circle jerk and spend every moment proving i did my home work on what i have like i said if you dont belive me asume i lied and give me your opinion if you dont have one that is anyway usefull please do me and anyone else who reads this thread a favor and STFU!! please

sorry guys im not living to type on this computer and get in yalls little circle jerk and spend every moment proving i did my home work on what i have like i said if you dont belive me asume i lied and give me your opinion if you dont have one that is anyway usefull please do me and anyone else who reads this thread a favor and STFU!! please

WOW.... :confused: UNSUBCRIBED.....

is that what i asked .......................NO
I asked at what piont should i leave the old cam behind which with the opinion of the people here who actually want to help it would seem to be time

and so i can get this out of the way yes belive it or not my cam is stock didnt know i had to prove what im saying is the truth but yes its stock
1 i called talked to the good folks at comp and lunati
then i took it and some calipers to a friend of mine who has his bone stock 86 tore down and guess what ????????? his cam and mine , they are the same !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what? Here's something usefull. 如果你不是这样笨蛋你也许得到你寻找的答复。
unsubscribed.

The Ricer boards have ur name all over them:rolleyes:

Yep :rolleyes: A know-it-all with a keyboard, that brings nothing to the table.

We really dont need you here Bud:cool: . YOU are the one that had the question, not us. Then you wont even take anybodys advice to boot:rolleyes: . I mean really who does that??:confused:
confused-smiley-013.gif

Like was said earlier Junior, Roll Out you wont be missed.
action-smiley-069.gif
car-smiley-003.gif

to those who tried to actually help with a actual answer not just picking on a newb thank u for the replies and the pm's

well, I just realized that what ever my original message was before an edit, still gets sent via e-mail to the subscribers. I know now, :eek: sometimes I get ahead of myself, and post all kinds of foul mouth crap, I guess they all see it anyways before I edit it:D

Back