Is Jimmy D'Alessandro still around?

Compare apples to apples, technoligy has come a long way since J D ran his numbers.

What were the other mentioned cars running at that time.

Cheeseburger said:
Compare apples to apples, technoligy has come a long way since J D ran his numbers.

What were the other mentioned cars running at that time.

Conley was good for around 7.7 @ 850 more lbs still with a single turbo.
Duttweiler's twin was about 500 more lbs and went 7.2s around that time.

How about Jerry Kupinski's car (White Racing built twin turbo Stage2)?? 3455lbs and 7.95 @176mph on 10.5W tire.... Think on their website they say 1633hp at the FW... This car was forsale on RacingJunk.com, but I'm not sure if anybody bought it...

86brick said:
How about Jerry Kupinski's car (White Racing built twin turbo Stage2)?? 3455lbs and 7.95 @176mph on 10.5W tire.... Think on their website they say 1633hp at the FW... This car was forsale on RacingJunk.com, but I'm not sure if anybody bought it...

Yes the car was for sale but i do not think it sold........as of the last time i talked to Jerry.
Said he has about $125,000 into it :eek:

ijames said:
176 mph = 7.70 on average, and 7.70 at 3300 lbs = 1421 average rwhp YIKES!

Ding Ding Ding we could have a winner...1735FWHP.
How about a spec sheet on his car!!! :eek:
How long does it hold together at that level???

Cheeseburger said:
Yes the car was for sale but i do not think it sold........as of the last time i talked to Jerry.
Said he has about $125,000 into it :eek:

DAYUM!!!!!! If I ever had 125K into a car I doubt I'd ever sell it cause at that point you will NEVER get back anywhere near what you have in it...... Just get barried in the car!

I do have a soft spot for that car though being that it's gray like mine... Wonder if Jerry would be interested in a straight up trade for a gray 12 second daily driver;) :D :eek:

86brick said:
DAYUM!!!!!! If I ever had 125K into a car I doubt I'd ever sell it cause at that point you will NEVER get back anywhere near what you have in it...... Just get barried in the car!

) :D :eek:

I do not think it would be hard to spend that dough at white racing, recently i was offered a used R.A.double pumper for $575 from them........such a deal,lol. :eek:

Cheeseburger said:
I do not think it would be hard to spend that dough at white racing, recently i was offered a used R.A.double pumper for $575 from them........such a deal,lol. :eek:

Wow, with deals like that I can see why he spent so much:eek:

Who's the "better" home run hitter:

Babe Ruth, Henry Aaron, Barry Bonds?

Who's the "better" golfer:

Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods?

The answers are - pick 'em.

One thing I will oberve is that I can't believe how fragile the egos of fast guys are. I mean, is it that big a deal? If anyone ought to know it's about cubic dollars it should be them.

Hell, Pro Stocks limited to 500 CI and no power adders are running 6.60s. Oh, and they get down the track EVERY TIME, too. Put that in your turbo and smoke it.

strike

speaking of twin turbo trans amns.. Anyone remeber Joe Copson in the late 90's?? He ran an 8.0 at 170(if I remember right) He was a close friend of mine back then. He had about $100k into that car..

FlyinGN said:
speaking of twin turbo trans amns.. Anyone remeber Joe Copson in the late 90's?? He ran an 8.0 at 170(if I remember right) He was a close friend of mine back then. He had about $100k into that car..

Dave Koppel (sorry about the spelling) purchased it I think.
He was running in NSCA Limited Street.
I think Dale Cherry should chime in, he has worked with both people.

Bringing Back Memories

Man, Reading this thread brings back alot of memories. I can remember when when 11 sec. GN's were unheard of. Now, If you don't have one,Your a slow poke.

One thing we all have to remember, Is every one were talking about built & raced Buicks (and thats the main thing). If it weren't for them,( Kenny Duttweiler, Lawrence Conley, Billy Anderson, Jimmy D'elasondro & Others) we'd probably be talking about our 10 sec GN's with 550 H.P.

We all have our favorite Buick pioneer. They all did it a differant way. Big Cubes with Twin Turbo's, Big Single Turbo in Pro Street Trim, Super Light chassis' with funny fuel & hard work and years of tuning & "tweaking". It's hard to compare these guys together when they've all done it in so many differant ways. All you can say is "THANK YOU" for all you have done for us(The Buick Family).

OK, Does ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY want to race heads up? 2 out of 3 will work for me, no Hail Mary 1 pass wonders! YES THAT IS A CALL OUT! ANY OF THE ABOVE want a shot at the title? As Ric Flair once said "To be the man......you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bring it dont sing it, I dont wanna hear about youy sisters cousins GN that belonged to so and so and went such and such way back when! I obviously dont make enough HP or go fast enough, however, I am ready :D

BAGN said:
Man, Reading this thread brings back alot of memories. I can remember when when 11 sec. GN's were unheard of. Now, If you don't have one,Your a slow poke.

One thing we all have to remember, Is every one were talking about built & raced Buicks (and thats the main thing). If it weren't for them,( Kenny Duttweiler, Lawrence Conley, Billy Anderson, Jimmy D'elasondro & Others) we'd probably be talking about our 10 sec GN's with 550 H.P.

We all have our favorite Buick pioneer. They all did it a differant way. Big Cubes with Twin Turbo's, Big Single Turbo in Pro Street Trim, Super Light chassis' with funny fuel & hard work and years of tuning & "tweaking". It's hard to compare these guys together when they've all done it in so many differant ways. All you can say is "THANK YOU" for all you have done for us(The Buick Family).

Chris,
I have the utmost respect for your dad, he knew what my goals were when I started my project and never withheld any "secrets" from me. LC is truely one of the pioneers

EightSecV6 said:
OK, Does ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY want to race heads up? . . . I obviously dont make enough HP or go fast enough, however, I am ready :D

Billy,
Horsepower #'s are for bench racers! You have TIME SLIPS!!! (Thats all that Matters) Don't let the bench racers get to you. Anybody who knows anything about Turbo V6 raciong knos your the man to beat.

P.S. if anybody wants to side bet,I've got my money on BILLY!

EightSecV6 said:
Chris,
I have the utmost respect for your dad, he knew what my goals were when I started my project and never withheld any "secrets" from me. LC is truely one of the pioneers

Although most people have forgotten, Its all about "GOING FAST WITH CLASS" and helping your Buick brother keep the Buick flag waving. LC is very impressed with your car & #'s. He pulls for you to better & better every time out.Good Luck in the futhure. Hope to see you in the 6's soon :eek:

KLHAMMETT said:
Bill give me 6 and the Jump and your on :D

How bout if I put Jeff up against you with a delay box that wont release the transbrake until 6 seconds after the green light comes on? NEVERMIND, it takes that long for him to react anyway! :D :D :D :D