Is Mease still in Business?

..............and I still don't know where to order your downpipes and intercoolers from Keith...........

John

vendors: here are a few:

Pick your favorite one:

Ramchargers

1-888-293-7267

Cottons Performance Center

1-413-789-0531

Dynotech Performance

1-908-704-8536

We will be posting a list of vendors on our website and links to their web pages/contacts/etc.

NP Brick

Thanks all, recieved one Email so far!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Keith....

First of all, hats off to this guy. >>>>>>>>> N2HIPSI

You ought to send this gentleman a "Thank you" letter.
He gave you some great advice.
He didn't have to say anything but he did. And it was some GREAT advice.
I just hope you were listenin'........

Bruce
WE4
Tb.com Administration

Originally posted by Ram
This last time he e-mailed me on July 10 and said it was shipped that day! After talking to him yesterday 22 days after he said it was already sent, he said it should be there that afternoon. Again he had another story on why it didn't ship on the 10th.
He new he was lying through thi teeth!!!!!!

I must have e-mailed him 20 times with no answer called and left 6 or 8 messages with no answer called another 10 times to a full mail box in the 3 months this has been going on!! So don't sit there and tell me I didn't try to contact him!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

All I ever wanted was the truth!! I was in no hurry at all but when someone tells me something I expect it to happen!!!

I've been in the automotive repair business for 24 years and delt with thousands upon thousands of customers and never jeerked
any of them around that bad!! Anyone in business for themselves will tell you it's easer to tell the truth then try to cover your ass with a lie.

I wish all of you luck in your purchases from Keith because no one needs to be treated like that.
I just know no matter how good his stuff is I'll never buy from him again!!
Too bad for him because my next purchase will be a custom intercooler !!
Ram

DITTO! Thanks for saving me time, reiterating the same stuff.

I put aftermarket braces (two) that triangulate the bottom of the front end on my car about 10 years ago. K. was supposed to send me the 'custom' braces that would clear the intercooler, shroud, etc.

Three weeks ago he said that they were in a box and were to be shipped, after he found that someone at his shop didn't ship them along with the intercooler. That person was "about to be fired"...yada...yada.

I was told 'secretly' by one of his 'friends' that those braces never EXISTED. :) Like I didn't know...especially since I notified and reminded K. about them several DOZEN times.

Hey, if Bruce and Nick couldn't get you to ship me the braces...what are my chances Keith?

I'm just speculating but...I'd bet that K> wouldn't last for a heartbeat if he worked for Bruce or Nick. He'd be truckin' down the road...torch in hand, face guard shoved to the land of darkness....

By the way, check out the "For Sale" section. I'm selling a new INTERCOOLER. All of the info is there.

Wait 'til the VENDORS get a taste of what smack the "K" is layin' down! I somehow feel as though this isn't the FINAL CHAPTER. :)

Originally posted by GNVAIR
ATR is ok if you dont mind the puck seizing. Plus I have a few local buddies who have had problems with them contacting the bottom of the heater box.

My ATR pipe fit mint...no puck probs either..

I got my Mease DP and stretch intercooler with 3' piping 3 weeks after I ordered beautiful workmanship and fit
yea your right here we go again!!!!
Lets give it a break

JFH

If he wants the *bashing* to stop, he needs to finish old orders before he takes new ones. His banner was pulled because of all the people waiting for their parts. As I stated before, I don't think anyone on here has been waiting longer than I have. Late Feb and counting. My stuff is supposed to be here tomorrow(Tues.), so well see what happens. There are STILL SEVERAL people waiting for parts, he has had his banner pulled, but yet he is still advertising and taking orders from this thread alone!! THAT is why the *bashing* is going to continue.

Keith....You would be MUCH further ahead in the long run if you took care of the old orders first before taking new ones.

It seems to me that this thread has gone WAY off topic and some of the posts have crossed the line of complaining and into a personal attack.:(

Am trying to be impartial in what I see, and am glad Keith did post about his business situation and how he is trying to remedy outstanding customer issues. It is public knowledge on his sales outstripping delivery. It is my "assumption" he posted here to try to resolve all issues so we can move on.

This is the first time I have heard his products are a "piece of crap or junk", as the ones I have seen are not. Calling someone a "liar" is rather strong for a forum like this when only one voice is presented.

If you have a problem with Keith or his products and he is unable or unwilling to resolve it, then you might have a beef. A post here with facts presented in a mature manner would probably get a response from Keith. If I was currently in his shoes, I could see it would be difficult to resolve anything in such a combative atmosphere.

Here is the challenge, anyone who has a problem with delivery or quality of Keith's products contact him direct. If that does not work, then a post detailing the problem.

Second part of the challenge, Keith you answer the requests in a timely manner [could be 2-3 days].

Brent, please e-mail me direct the details of your reasons for your post, or delete it.

Boy it's hot in here!

Gentlemen,
I certainly didn't mean to start a war, I only asked a question. I'd like to make a comment though on the whole thing if I may, I think I can see something here perhaps. First off, let me tell you a story. Last year a local friend of mine and I decided we would make a product for the Buick community. We made 50 of the items and then sold them at a great price for those who spoke up first, we made a little money in the process. My conclusion on the whole matter was that "it wasn't worth the little profit we made for the headaches involved". I saw the term "craftsman" used above to describe Kieth Mease, that is probably an accurate statement. The trouble is most likely that he is not only the craftsman, but also the marketing manager, the salesman, the business manager, the list goes on and on. Sometimes a little animal grows into a huge beast and can't be easily controlled! I'm not saying it's OK to jerk people around, but, I suppose it's easy to get in over ones head in a hurry! I'm under the impression that Mease's products are good quality, but when there was no answer for 2 days at his business, I decided to buy a THDP elsewhere. HOWEVER, the trade off was that the THDP cost me about $50 more money. It's a give and take I suppose. If Kieth was to hire a full time shipping department and a secretary, the products would certainly have to be priced higher. I'm certainly not taking sides, but I suppose it's pay me now or pay me later. Good price - slow delivery, high price - quick delivery. Just a few thoughts I wanted to throw out. Have a wonderful day! - BB

Recently, I purchased a radiator from Nick Micale. He said it would be here within 5 days. It was here in THREE! If 5 weeks went by and it still wasn't here, what term could be used to describe being told one thing and not delivering on a promise? Miscommunication? Lying? Whatever it's called...it isn't right.

I got a response from KM yesterday. I'll give him a couple of days, as Nick suggested, to nail down specifics from the vagaries.

I told KM that I'd keep it to email, if he responded like any of our other multiple vendors do. We'll see what happens. As it's said, "The ball is in his court."

Today is Tuesday, I emailed him yesterday. Should he reply by tomorrow? Is that reasonable?

It's really easy to stop further posts. Just deliver on a promise and go on with life.

I'm not trying to go religous or anything, but all KM has to do is treat his customers like he would like to be treated. It's so simple it begs the question.

'Til Thursday!

My Mease downpipe and dump still fit and function perfectly.Sorry to hear he is having trouble but I would order from him again for sure.

Re: Boy it's hot in here!

Originally posted by Buick Beginner

We made 50 of the items and then sold them at a great price for those who spoke up first,

This is good business in my book, parts are made before the sale.

Here is a novel idea. make an inventory of your item, keep at least 5 of each item that you manufacture in stock at all times.
If you find yourself dipping into one of the 5 left, it is time to make more.

Hopefully I will see that lower shroud and up-pipe someday :rolleyes:

I just got in a Mark Jackson IC from Keith. He custom made an adjustable shroud for it and mounting brackets. He kept in touch with me via e-mail and let me know exactly where he was with my order. There was a couple times he didn't get back to me right away with the e-mails, but the point is he DID respond and apologize for the delay in communications.

I would definitely do business with Keith again. And since my GN was totaled Monday, I probably will be calling him up for a nice new downpipe and test pipe. :D

He makes very nice stuff, but...

You cannot tell people their item has been shipped when it hasn't. That is a bold face lie. Period. That is what most have against him, and I would bet that if he told people straight up what's going on( aka the truth ) that folks would view him differently for being honest. I, like most, would rather hear the truth and be dissappointed, than lied to and be pissed off. Make the sale after the product is complete, keep an inventory and sell from it , if you can't handle a group purchase don't offer it and most important, don't tell someone that it's on the way when it isn't. I guess the sad thing is, is that he really makes great, quality stuff and seems to be a really nice person to let the communication end tarnish everything.

hi,
i feel the need to put my two cents in here.although i have seen some issues with people not recieving their parts or getting the runaround,i have NEVER heard anything bad about MPE parts.
i have several parts from keith mease on my car now and they work excellent.i dont have the shipping problems others have becuase i just simply go and pick them up.i am only an hour away.
i am sure if i had to deal with keith via shipping i would be one of the unpleasant few also.it is aparent keith needs to get more organized in his buisness practices.

as far as the products go.if you even remotely refer to his parts as CRAP or JUNK then your just an ASS plain and simple.the man has a very good talent and his products seem to get better.keith is over ten years younger than me and i wish i had as much talent at his age.im sure as he gets older and wiser he will learn from his buisness experience.

but for now,ill definetly pick my parts up!;)

nick,

. Last year a local friend of mine and I decided we would make a product for the Buick community. We made 50 of the items and then sold them at a great price for those who spoke up first, we made a little money in the process. My conclusion on the whole matter was that "it wasn't worth the little profit we made for the headaches involved".

THEN CHARGE MORE FOR THE UPPERS DUMBA$$ :D

BB, I would have paid double for that "product"...it was incredible, the fit, the function....everything was awesome. Those pics did it no justice!!! So please consider making the "other" product for the Buick community, and we will send your wife flowers for the next 12 months.
Best wishes,
Erik from Texas

PS
In order to keep this thread on track: My Mease down pipe looks like it was made from a craftsman, and functions flawlessly. And, yes, I had to wait...but I was on a GP.

Originally posted by Kid with a toy
THEN CHARGE MORE FOR THE UPPERS DUMBA$$ :D

BB, I would have paid double for that "product"...it was incredible,

OK, now you got me interested...what was it that you made anyways that had an upper and a lower??