is my car rare?

gsbuick65

I was told that my car was rare because of the options, tell me what you think, is has P/W, P/D/L, power driver seat, cruise, digital dash, tilt wheel, concert sound, t-tops, a/c, power trunk release, twilight sential lights, posi. I think thats all :biggrin:

i think my car is more rare- it has no power options, standard dash, non tilt column, and a 60/40 split bench seat. the stock radio was dead when i got it, but it was the basic am/fm unit. i wish it had cruise control.
the only real options it has beyond the basic T Type package is the rear window defogger and the posi. i don't know if the tach/boost gauge was standard with the turbo engine, but it has that, too, and both gauges not only work but are also accurate.

I was told that my car was rare because of the options, tell me what you think, is has P/W, P/D/L, power driver seat, cruise, digital dash, tilt wheel, concert sound, t-tops, a/c, power trunk release, twilight sential lights, posi. I think thats all :biggrin:

Sounds like a rarely optioned car to me. You have tons of options. I've added a some of those options to mine (Posi, Concert Sound, Power Trunk release), but I don't have T-Tops and twilight sential.

Mine seems kinda weird, it has power windows, but no power door locks. kind of a pita.

Some of these cars have weird option combinations. Mine came with power locks, power drivers seat, cruise, AC and power windows and that's about it.

i had a 85 t-type that i sold,that had 45/55 bench seat no power windows or door locks,no tilt ,no power seats,no cruise or rear defogger and this was a new england car,but it did have concert sound.my 87t tan with the chrome
trim.was told its a rear color combo.

Mine has a power sunroof yet no power windows or seats.

Im glad it has no power windows. Atleast I know they will roll all the way up vs. having to deal with them crappy power window motors that all seem to all fail or slow down after a while.

my 84 has posi, power windows, locks, seats, cruise, tilt wheel, defog, power moon roof, digi dash and touch climate, black out, and a cool T in the factory pin striping! lol

Here is a pic of my RPO...

Post em if ya got em!!!

John:cool:

Attachments

• body pix 004.jpg
    body pix 004.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 135
sorry that was a crappy pic... i think this one is better...

And a pic of the T

Attachments

• body pix 006.jpg
    body pix 006.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 137
  • body pix 015.jpg
    body pix 015.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 126
WOW, that little 'T' in the stripe looks really cool. I've never seen anything like that before.

an idiot land lord broke a can of spray primer in my garage when I was renting and it shot all over the car... he never told me as the car was in dry storage for 2 years, and I didnt check onthe car very often. One day I go out to take a couple pix for a friend and I found the paint all over the car, that week the land lord was on vacation (lucky for him)... took over 2 hours of elbow grease and some cleaners to remove all the spray!!! the back window had it the worst!!!

car looks much, much better, but the roof and trunk lid need a total sand prime and repaint... Cool though... 100% original!

john;)