You can type here any text you want

Is my driveshaft too short?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2kSSLS1

I just received my new driveshaft in yesterday and Im thinking its too short, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. I slip it into the tranny and then seat the u-joint into the pinion yolk and the slip yolk slips in half way. The slip yolk is roughly 4 inches, so 2 of those inches sticks into the tranny. Is that enough? Will it be a problem or could it be dangerous? Should I send it back to get it lengthened? I waited almost a month for this shaft to complete my conversion and Im just so disappointed. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Ok...I did some measuring! If I slide the shaft all the way into the tranny, it goes in 3 1/4". If I pull it back and seat it on the pinion yolk and bolt it down, it goes in 1 3/4". So there is a 1 1/2" difference. The output shaft on the tranny sticks out 5/8". So the slip yolk is really touching 2 3/8" on the output shaft of the tranny. Is that enough? Thanks.

With the vehicle resting of the tires, you should see between 3/4" to 1" of the yoke sticking out of the trans, from the seal surface.

Back