You can type here any text you want

is my gt6765 dbb turbo bad?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonys87

a bought this turbo new from gbody less then two years ago and with less then 1500 miles on it now..my nephew says that he saw some oil coming out of the dump pipe this morning when the moved it out to the drive from the garage.

i really need some help figuring out where oil might be coming from...i really dont wanna believe i have a bad turbo, not with the milage it has and the car is rarely ever in boost.. so can it be the turbo and has anyone ever had this issue with a turbo with these many miles. thanks, tony

oh and if its the turbo can it be rebuilt????

Ball bearing turbos don't need a lot of pressure, it's possible you've hurt the seal or you're simply just pushing too much oil pressure through it and it's starting to show.

You using the -4 feed line with a PTE system?

You check to make sure you have the restrictor for the line, what size?

im not sure what size the restrictor is but im sure its the correct one..it all came as a kit with the turbo it also included the hard water lines kit..witch i think they stoped selling shortly after i got mine.

it was dripping out of the cut out.. i aslo pulled the intercooler hose the goes into the intake and found oil at the bottom where it hooks up to the intercooler

could have been a mixture of moisture and exahust soot as well. I know my car spits that crap out on a cool humid morning.

Well after getting the car back home..and some questioning of my nephew. It turns out it wasn't oil but coolant:( turns out he blew a head gasket! Turns out you can't even count on family to take care of you stuff:(

If its not mixing with the oil you should be ok. Take the heads off and replace the gaskets. No sense in pointing the finger at him unless you told him not to drive it. Check the tune over when you get it all repaired.

Ball bearing turbos don't need a lot of pressure, it's possible you've hurt the seal or you're simply just pushing too much oil pressure through it and it's starting to show.

You using the -4 feed line with a PTE system?

You check to make sure you have the restrictor for the line, what size?
What seal? It uses a steel piston ring like any other turbo. You cant hurt it with too much oil pressure. You could use a -whatever and it wont matter because there is a restriction in the oil inlet to control the volume of oil. More often than not when raw oil is entering the ex there is a drain back problem. Could be an improperly angled return, debris in the return, or excessive crankcase pressure. To the OP: If you lend a toy like this to anyone you cant expect they arent going to drive it like they stole it. I wouldnt let anyone in my family drive anything of mine with any power since none of them are familiar with anything even close to my GN's. It could be deadly. Its like a wanna be 12 sec drag racer getting into an 8 sec car with absolutely no experience in between. Nothing good is going to come out of that.

Bison.. your completely right! No one will drive her anymore but me! But they wanted to take the car to a car show I couldn't attend, and here we are.. its ok I'm having a stroker built;)

Back