You can type here any text you want

Is the hood liner TTA specific ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaone

I need a new hood liner for my TTA and was wondering if they are different from a regular Firebird Hood liner because of the extra heat created by the turbo. If they are TTA specific,does anyone know where I can get one ?

Thanks
James

It should be the same.

I have a brand new one in box but shipping is pretty dang expensive :(

Yes, $70 for shipping is pretty steep, but I'll keep you in mind if I can't find a cheaper one.

Thanks
James

Part #14099507. I bought a couple about 6 months ago from my local GM dealer, so hopefully they are still available. I don't think they were more than about $35 each at the time.

Originally posted by turbotaone
I need a new hood liner for my TTA and was wondering if they are different from a regular Firebird Hood liner because of the extra heat created by the turbo. If they are TTA specific,does anyone know where I can get one ?

Thanks
James

Hi James,

Just a heads up, Car Motor Sports has a nice hood liner with the 20th Anniv. logo embroideried on it. I'm not sure if they will do the white bird with Turbo under it any more but it was in the plans.

Hood liner

I put in that part # in GMpartsDirect and it comes up not found. I tried ordering one from the local dealer 6 months ago and they could only get one for some other type of Firebird. I know this because when it came in, it didn't fit. I too would like to replace mine.

Just checked my local dealership this A.M., it appears the supply is drying up. I see that you are in Ohio - according to my local dealership, Slemker Pontiac in Eaton, Ohio (937)456-1911 is showing one in stock.

Mike at Slemker said they are out of stock but for some reason they always come up showing one in stock. Their phone ends in 1191.

Back