You can type here any text you want

Is this a good cam-spcs inside------>

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I found this cam on the net, and it is listed as a wolverine cam. I know there are some different types of cams, and these are just another label, or whatever. But the specs are

214 int 224 ext112 center lope lift 472int 496 ext

I have a stock 87 engine, but will be putting on a 3200 stall, and a 6776 down the road. Would this be a good cam?

I found this cam on the net, and it is listed as a wolverine cam. I know there are some different types of cams, and these are just another label, or whatever. But the specs are

If the lobe lift specs are correct, it will push the valves through the pistons!:confused:

It may be valve "lift" which will be OK.

Never known any one using that cam in a turbo motor, and anyway it would not be smart to give an opinion without knowing the entire combination of the car.:smile:

im guessing you are referring to the center lope part, and i thnk he means L/S. Dont you?

And this would be going onto a basically stock car, but when I do put it in, i will be putting it on with the 6776, downpipe, and torque converter.

fbod- don't try to reinvent the wheel! I commend you for trying to get the most information before you build your monster, but you seem pretty quick to discount the advice of not only mildly informed guys like me, but the gurus like Nick.

I'd advise you call Nick, or Jack Cotton, or Cal Hartline, and follow their advice. You'll save time (and money) by buying and building the engine right the first time.

I have a stock 87 engine, but will be putting on a 3200 stall, and a 6776 down the road. Would this be a good cam?

That is not the lobe lift or the lift and the valve would be x 1.55
731.6 intake and 768.8 exhaust. This would be similar to what we
run in Chris Chow's 1850HP 396ci SBC.

Back