You can type here any text you want

Is this my build sheet?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well in preperation for changing my heater core I started taking out the passenger seat. Whenever I got it out I noticed the stud right by the center console towards the front had a yellowish paper and I could see it said something like page on it. I remembered Phillyturbosix's thread a while back about the build sheet and I searched for mine in the trunk with no success, so I knew I had to have it. So I started disassembling and pulled on the paper and it ripped because of the heater core leaking a little coolant on it (As you can see by the color of the paper).

Anyway here's the picture: http://home.comcast.net/~FIRE72BIRD/IMG_0414.JPG
Is that my build sheet? If it is I think I'm gunna disassemble pretty much the whole trunk in hopes of finding it there. I couldn't get my hand very far under before.

Are you kidding me!?! lol So this was under the carpet around the front passenger seat area!? Now I have to take my seat out! lol There is no ryme or reason to where those things were it seems. I was talking to Terry Shaw while he was appraising my car over the weekend and he said they can be all over the place. He's seen cars where guys found all 3 or 4 of the possible 3 or 4. I wish I could find one! Well I guess out comes the passenger seat next time I'm bored! lol Thanks for the post but that is the build sheet for sure! :cool:

j13smiley said:
:ripped:

i just put my seats back in.... why didn't you post this a month ago??? ;)

Haha I would have if I owuld have found it a month ago. But it's not that difficult to get to. I mean it should take you a max of 45 minutes.

Since I found this one is there a good possibility that others are still in the car? I know the last owner wouldn't have removed any because he was unable to even change the oil (he didn't know what a jack was when we asked to use one to change the oil before leaving for home). I plan on replacing all my stock speakers so I figured while I have the panels out I'll look around a little more.

The build sheet could be anywhere in the car, these were only used when putting the cars together and was in many cases lost or just tost away on the assembly line, I got mine and I think we TTA owners been fortunate that they actually left these docs in the car somehwhere.

I only seen and heard about 1 document/buildsheet left in our cars, what would the other 3 be?

Back