You can type here any text you want

Issues with BMR Upper A arms..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spudmanmike

After being happy with their sets of rear control arms in my car, I decided to give their new upper A arms a shot. This was a entire swap with a blazer spindle and brake combo too, which by the sounds of it should be fine.

I put the arms in with them shimmed like the stock ones were (1-2 shims on the front bolt, 4-5 on the rear bolt). Dropped the car after everything and I am running nearly 4 degrees positive camber on both wheels. With a level that means the top sticks out like 3/4"! Also their ball joint cup hits my wheel weights at full lock (16" ZQ8s with the weights on the inner bead).

Did anybody have similar problems with these arms? Could I of gotten their 2nd gen camaro arms instead? I threw the box out so I don't know what was written on ther for a part number.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks -Mike

Is the shaft for the A-frame offset? Maybe it needs to be flipped the other way.

Today I swapped the stock G-body arm back in on the drivers side and it fixed the camber, actually I think I could pull a shim or two.. So it's not the Blazer spindles..

Still working with BMR on the issue currently, will let you know how I make out.

TURBOTWIN2 said:
Is the shaft for the A-frame offset? Maybe it needs to be flipped the other way.

By the way you were right, its offset a little bit. I'm talking enough to maybe eliminate one shim. I flipped it on the drivers side and added a shim and it is nearly perfect at +1 degree. Did the same on the passenger side and had it is still about +4 degrees :(

Back