Its A Shame Thread

This is a pic of my 1987 t-type i saved a few years ago. Wife was going to crush it on the guy!!! All original down to the paper filter. 170k on it. Original owner. ALL paperwork including window sticker in glove box. Car is straight as a arrow, no rust at all!!!! Bught a 25 dollar FP off here and it started and drove. I am doing a frae off on it. Engine is done, body is next. Oh yea, i paid $400 yes four hundred dollars for it.

Attachments

• t-typeandcoke 010.jpg
    t-typeandcoke 010.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 594
  • t-typeandcoke 011.jpg
    t-typeandcoke 011.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 596
  • t-typeandcoke 013.jpg
    t-typeandcoke 013.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 590
This is a pic of my 1987 t-type i saved a few years ago. Wife was going to crush it on the guy!!! All original down to the paper filter. 170k on it. Original owner. ALL paperwork including window sticker in glove box. Car is straight as a arrow, no rust at all!!!! Bught a 25 dollar FP off here and it started and drove. I am doing a frae off on it. Engine is done, body is next. Oh yea, i paid $400 yes four hundred dollars for it.
Nice Steal!!!:eek: If i find one in those condition under $1000 of course I would restore it...:smile:

man, some of these people need professional help. It makes me sad for the owners. There is actually a documented psychological condition at work here its called Compulsive Hoarding Disorder. Screw the cars, get a hold of your life. Rent a flat bed and haul all that trash to the dump. No one needs that much $hit, and i emphasize the word ****. My mom has this problem. Everything has a vague value that will be realized at some later date that never comes. "Oh you cant throw that out, its worth something! Oh I plan on fixing it, you'll see..." next thing you know you are dead and lived a life surrounded by trash.

I can just imagine the vermin, feces, and various other infestations in there.

I got my first TR when I was 17. I lived in one of the worst parts of south Minneapolis and did not have a garage. This was an 84 Limited Ttype that I did not have a garage for and used as a DD year round, even in the snow.

I tried with my limited income as a kid to keep this car looking great and running great. The problem, I didnt know how to take care of a turbo car so I blew it up a couple of times. Thankfully my father used this as a bonding experience and helped out with the money part so we could work on it together.

He also paid to fix it when I hit a car doing 40 mph completely smashing the front end. What he couldnt do was keep it safe from thieves. The car was stolen for a joyride and found four days later with the windows down and the interior full of snow. It was broken into more than fifteen times, no matter if I had an alarm or not. When I finally threw in the towel was after I had recovered it from a theft again. This time they stole all the stereo stuff and tried to strip the car. The thieves knew me, they had used a screw driver and wrote in the paint, pentagrams, anarchy A's, and on the trunk was a note to ME telling me they got me again. I couldnt bear to see the car go through anymore so I sold it to a friend who had money and was into Monte Carlos. He did some work to it and made it nice but then sold it someone else in the neighborhood that wanted it so I got to see its demise first hand anyways. He didnt take care of it, it rotted away in a matter of a couple of years. At one point it looked like someone had used a can opener on the roof to peel the top layer off. I still dont understand how that happened but I was sad every time I saw that car. I still, to this day, have the turbo 6 emblem from the fender on my keychain along with a broken door key from that car. It has a point so its good for cutting tape on packages and cleaning my finger nails. :D

This is what is used to look like, I had some old polaroids of it smashed but lost them. I guess its better that way, I can only see the car when it was nice.

Attachments

• My 84 Back.jpg
    My 84 Back.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 565
  • My 84 Fats.jpg
    My 84 Fats.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 556
  • My 84 Interior.jpg
    My 84 Interior.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 555
Second was my 85. After about a year of not having boost I was craving it again and found an 85 for what I thought was a fair price. I was ripped off by the guy and decided to not buy another one until I could see them with a clear mind (that still escapes me when its my purchase). The car was complete but he wouldnt let me drive it until I gave him the money. After I bought it I noticed it only shifted twice. When I got it up in the air I saw it was a 3-speed transmission. No biggie, I could get a 4-speed but for now it worked and I was happy. Then about a week later the timing chain snapped and the motor was reduced to scrap. I didnt have money to rebuild this motor so I sold the car as a roller and I am sure the moron that bought it (a distant cousin) either parted it out or put a V8 in it and trashed it.

Attachments

• My 85.jpg
    My 85.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 560
  • My 85 Seat.jpg
    My 85 Seat.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 552
  • My 85 Back.jpg
    My 85 Back.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 549
Then I screwed myself again but at least this time I had some money so I could make it nice. I bought this car off this site, the dude was looking for a loud V8 so I traded him my LT4 SS Camaro for his Grand National. He said the car needed to be buffed, it needed a lot more than that. My SS was pretty much perfect but I guess he managed to screw something up and tried to sell it quick. I had to force that car out of my name so if the person I bought this car from still posts here, PM me.

I can say I actually brought this one back from the grave.

One of the first pictures I saw of my GN.

Original.jpg

The motor,

AllStock2.jpg

The paint that needed to be "buffed"

BeforePaintHood.jpg

BeforePaintTrunk.jpg

This is how I had to buff it.

Stripping2.jpg

Then it turned out nice.

AfterPaintHood.jpg

JustBeforeBoom.jpg

I am happy with the car now, I have done as much as I could possibly do to this car myself. Its how I want it, I know the car inside and out, and its now a way for me to see that if I put my mind to something, it can and will get done.

been emptying off all the pics on my cell phone and found these pics i took for this thread awhile back.
been sitting there for years. pretty much just parked and left. poor ol'girl is just screaming to be restored :frown:

We4?

We think its a WE4, not for sure, but its a low milage car. knocking and the older black man will NOT sell it. burgandy interior 87 T.

Attachments

• S7300036.JPG
    S7300036.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 487
  • S7300038.JPG
    S7300038.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 475
  • S7300037.JPG
    S7300037.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 478
  • S7300040.JPG
    S7300040.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 484
  • S7300042.JPG
    S7300042.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 480
You know whats a Shame, A motor with a 1000 miles on it that has compression comming out the intake valve. Looks like its time to pull and port the heads :mad: :mad: Ahhhhhhhhhh.........this car is a debacle :frown:

We think its a WE4, not for sure, but its a low milage car. knocking and the older black man will NOT sell it. Burgundy interior 87 T.

we4 wont have chrome bumpers or Burgundy interior.....;)

Just for the sake of this thread I went out to the top secret location today and got pics of the 69 roadrunner. Back in the day this would have been a beauty. teal with black interior four speed car with the N96 ram air hood option. Dad bought this car out of a salvage yard. I'm not sure why. Lots of good parts (including the uber rare ram air scoop assembly and four speed conversion parts) but it's not cost effective to restore it. Technically I think it's for sale.

If you look close in the background of the secod pic you will see the roof of the 59 dodge wagon that I had pictured earlier. It was one of the cars saved from that old guy's yard.

Why wouldn't a 383/4spd/ deluxe int and headrests/cpe. w/1yr paint color be a cost effective restoration? I prefer the 383 personally, but demand HT's. NICE save on the 59 Wagon!!!! How solid is it? I'm terrible about taking pics when I should. I've seen a number of GN's in yards. Here's my Buick addition from a local yard. Looks completely salvagable.

Attachments

• skylark2.jpg
    skylark2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 449
  • Skylark1a.jpg
    Skylark1a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 443
We think its a WE4, not for sure, but its a low milage car. knocking and the older black man will NOT sell it. burgandy interior 87 T.

As stated not a WE4, but quite rare as Buick stopped allowing black T cars when the WE4 was introduced.

found this through a guy I meet a couple of years ago. all original paint. Bought it for next to nothing and put it in my garage. Its a 70 GS 455. Pulled it out of a barn just north of Pittsburgh. The guy I bought it from spun a bearing back in 1976, and it hasn't seen the road since. I'll get to it someday.

Attachments

• GS 1.jpg
    GS 1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 420
  • GS int.jpg
    GS int.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 429
I drive by this genuine GNX every now and then. It's been sitting outside for more than 5 years. I knocked on his door and asked if he was interested in selling the car. His reply was..."I know what it is,and I know what it's worth,and it's not for sale"! So it sits outside his double car garage rotting.
Some people!!!:mad: Dave

Attachments

• why!!!!!!!!!_0002.JPG
    why!!!!!!!!!_0002.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 419
Why wouldn't a 383/4spd/ deluxe int and headrests/cpe. w/1yr paint color be a cost effective restoration? I prefer the 383 personally, but demand HT's. NICE save on the 59 Wagon!!!! How solid is it? I'm terrible about taking pics when I should. I've seen a number of GN's in yards. Here's my Buick addition from a local yard. Looks completely salvagable.
That's a SUNCOUPE!!

Very rare! :)

This car has been sitting in this guys shop for several years. He got burnt out on turbo Buicks, wanted to purse some V8 Buick projects, and ended up being a work-a-holic and never did anything else with it.
GNUndercover.jpg

At least it's in a climate controled building and out of the weather.

That's a SUNCOUPE!!

Very rare! :)

Was HOPIN somebody'd catch that!!! It's in decent shape too! missing a bit, but well worth the effort. It pains me to see it there, but I've got too many on back burners already. So any non-tirekicker's PM and I'll shoot info. I'd even be willing to wrestle her on price myself just to see it moved to a safer climate. She knows about how far she can push me before I walk, not far. I've walked away and gloated later enough times now!:D

There's a GS with the scooped hood in another local yard too, front damage.

Rivical I was getting ready to ask...I noticed what looked like a flap on the roof....not sure what a sun coupe is.....is it anything like the Novas of 1972-73 where they came with a sun roof and only a slide back flap opened them up to the sky? (I think they called them a "sky roof")

Bad Buick I'm going to guess theft must not happen where than GNX sits....or surely one day old boy would come out to see that someone made off with his prized possession....

Was HOPIN somebody'd catch that!!! It's in decent shape too! missing a bit, but well worth the effort. It pains me to see it there, but I've got too many on back burners already. So any non-tirekicker's PM and I'll shoot info. I'd even be willing to wrestle her on price myself just to see it moved to a safer climate. She knows about how far she can push me before I walk, not far. I've walked away and gloated later enough times now!:D

There's a GS with the scooped hood in another local yard too, front damage.

Did you post this on the V8 Buick board? If not, you should!

Linky in my signature.