Its A Shame Thread

Well, this car started out as a $150 parts car for me to use for my Shelby Charger but then I couldn't bring myself to cut it up. The floors were rusted out, motor froze, fuel/brake lines rusted........Man this thing needed a lot of stuff! I have been trying to sell it but maybe I'll keep it around for a while. I don't plan on doing a paint job as it actually looks real nice with just a little "patina" as they say. It wears it well. I even fabricated a supercharger setup using an M62 from a 94 Bonnevile. I just finished repainting the hood scoop and touching up the front bumper because it was actually looking pretty bad. I had a graphics shop make me up some TURISMO 2.2 decals. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330158/1982-plymouth-turismo

That's amazing how you got that paint to turn out looking that good. Quite an interesting stable of very obscure, rare cars from the 80's you have there. Each one is definitely a good conversation piece. I can't remember the last time I saw any one of those on the road or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks 86 GN. Even though you're only doing some spot touch ups go to a parts store that mixes paint. They can mix you up a spray can with your paint code and it's better quality stuff than that duplicolor lacquer junk. Granted it's still not like getting it repainted, but it's still better quality than duplicolor. I think it was worth the $20 for the custom mixed spray can. I also just did the quarter panel too.

Attachments

• Photo0087.jpg
    Photo0087.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Photo0089.jpg
    Photo0089.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Photo0091.jpg
    Photo0091.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Photo0097.jpg
    Photo0097.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 208
Quote.. INEEDAGN: Next we have a car that was actually bought and saved (by someone else) or so I've heard. This is a 70 Dart swinger 340 4 barrel 4 speed car. Hemi orange with a black stripe and black interior. Original owner passed away and his wife decided it's better to part with it than to see it sit and rot. My family is big into mopars, and we made her a reasonable standing offer, but she got a higher one (much higher than it was worth IMO) so it escaped us. All paperwork and window sticker was in the glove box. Ram air hood too.

This one brings back memories....I parted out a couple dozen of these '70 and '69 Dart Swingers back in the 80's. Still own a few too! :D