It's been a pleasure.........

1BADDAM

Venomous Snake Handler
Yesterday I sold TTA # 1416 to a hopefully happy TB forum member Raymond Bunch. I haven’t posted much in this section in sometime and was mostly a lurker anyway, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone in this section – especially those who steered me in the right direction with advice over the years and freely shared information about these cool cars. I’ll definitely miss the car, but fortunately Ray’s local and I should get to see it from time to time. Cheers!!!

Frank glad to hear 1416 is in good hands still, Ray did joint the registry over @ turbotransam.com as the new owner of 1416.

However Ray never entered to trim combo; can you confirm it's a t-top/leather from factory and I'll update his entry (and your old one).

Cheers
Jan

Hi
Frank glad to hear 1416 is in good hands still, Ray did joint the registry over @ turbotransam.com as the new owner of 1416.

However Ray never entered to trim combo; can you confirm it's a t-top/leather from factory and I'll update his entry (and your old one).

Cheers
Jan

Hi Jan,
Yes, it is a t-top/leather from the factory. Also, could you correct the milage? It's right at 82200.
Thanks.
Ray

Future plans, hmmmm. I've been reading up on E85. I plan on collecting all the parts required within the next month and just get it done. It's long over due, especially since I've owned 13 Turbo Buick over the years and never did E85. I want a super clean install on this car. The car is in amazing condition and very sound overall. As with everything new, I will do my research, take my time and do it right the first time. I'm looking for 500 to the wheels.

As of now, I plan on ordering the following.
1. Racetronix DP 680gph with harness and hobs switch. I seen the DP fuel pumps for Buick's, but not for TTA's. Are they the same? Install the same?
2. 120 or 160 Injectors.
3. TT E85 chip with WB. I will also have a
4. Upgraded fuel lines. Really not needed, but, will accommodate future HP goals when the engine is eventually upgraded.

Lots more reading to do.... I know you are very knowledgeable with E85 set ups. Any advice would be great man.

Thanks - Ray

Current mods, stock long block, TA61 Turbo, mark Jackson 17 row intercooler, 62mm TB, Ported Doghouse, RJC Power Plate, MSD 50's, walbro 340 with hot wire kit, Hooker catback with ATR 2.5 down pipe, rebuilt 2004r with PTS 9X11 3200 stall, drag radials, etc. Simple, but very responsive mods. Previous owner went a best of 7.3 in the 1/8.

Hi

Hi Jan,
Yes, it is a t-top/leather from the factory. Also, could you correct the milage? It's right at 82200.
Thanks.
Ray

Hi Ray, and thanks for that; your registry details been updated accordingly.

And welcome to the world of TTA's ! Anything we can do to help just ask on here or @ turbotransam.com

Jan

Congrats on the new purchase Ray! Glad to see you are still around and kicking!

Thanks man.
After I retired things got boring very quick. But yes, It's pretty nice to be back in the seat of another car. Even though it's not a Buick... Lol

Future plans, hmmmm. I've been reading up on E85. I plan on collecting all the parts required within the next month and just get it done. It's long over due, especially since I've owned 13 Turbo Buick over the years and never did E85. I want a super clean install on this car. The car is in amazing condition and very sound overall. As with everything new, I will do my research, take my time and do it right the first time. I'm looking for 500 to the wheels.

As of now, I plan on ordering the following.
1. Racetronix DP 680gph with harness and hobs switch. I seen the DP fuel pumps for Buick's, but not for TTA's. Are they the same? Install the same?
2. 120 or 160 Injectors.
3. TT E85 chip with WB. I will also have a
4. Upgraded fuel lines. Really not needed, but, will accommodate future HP goals when the engine is eventually upgraded.

Lots more reading to do.... I know you are very knowledgeable with E85 set ups. Any advice would be great man.

Thanks - Ray

No, The harnesses are not the same.
You can go all out with an external pump like I did, or go with what Dvernst did to his TTA. We have a thread on that somewhere.
I would buy 80# injectors from turbo89 on this board. Thats probably what you will need with your goals as of now. Again, the SD2 will compensate for injectors too, so down the road you can upgrade without swapping chips again.
You will eventually want a good stall and you just cant beat PTC. Turbo is ok for now.
All depends on what you eventually want to run.

No, The harnesses are not the same.
You can go all out with an external pump like I did, or go with what Dvernst did to his TTA. We have a thread on that somewhere.
I would buy 80# injectors from turbo89 on this board. Thats probably what you will need with your goals as of now. Again, the SD2 will compensate for injectors too, so down the road you can upgrade without swapping chips again.
You will eventually want a good stall and you just cant beat PTC. Turbo is ok for now.
All depends on what you eventually want to run.

I kinda figured the harnesses wouldn't be the same, thanks for verifying. I will look into what Dvernest did and into the SD2 set up. Worst case, I'll do an external pump set up.