Its not a race car, do I need a PTE oil system anyway?

Nasty Wendy

Perverted Lurker
I haven't seen these mods installed . I think I maybe interested in them. Anyone that can explain how they install or even post pictures for me would be forever in my debt...you know what I mean. Whats the difference between the PTE oil system and the biggie filter kit?

Hey I just saw the Turbo saver on PTE's site. Does that thing incorporate the biggie oilfilter? Does anyone have an opinion on if its worth $155.00.

I posted this hoping for a PTE response as I am unclear on how moving my filter will help that much. TIA.:confused: :)

Biggie filter mod by itself is better than stock (uses adapter for a larger diameter and longer filter) but still will not protect the turbo from dirty oil particles. Turbo saver is worth every penny in my opinion. Used one for years. Uses a SB chevy size big filter, and has a dedicated oil line for turbo oiling. Easy to install and maintain. Protect the turbo center section at all cost-is what i say!
My o2's
Mitch

The TurboSaver filter has a bypass valve in it. Does it bypass unfiltered oil to the turbo?

Originally posted by Steve Wood
The TurboSaver filter has a bypass valve in it. Does it bypass unfiltered oil to the turbo?

Most all if not all the GM oil filters will have a bypass in them. Some aftermarket racing versons, used to *not* have a bypass in them. Most Ford Filters have no bypass.

Bypasses are typically set for 6 PSI of pressure difference to open them. Route filter changes will take care of that, other then during warmup. Once you see the oil pressure drop a couple PSI your about assured it's not going to bypass.

BTW, I use one, and wouldn't leave home without it.
For a Filter I use the WIX Racing SBC filter.

The Balwin B279 that is suggested has a bypass that is rated a bit higher than that according to Baldwin. Now, the question is, does it bypass unfiltered oil to the turbo?

If so, it only takes one scratch from a bit of metal and your turbo warranty will be history.

I guess a cheaper solution is just to block the bypass....we can get away with that here in sunny AZ (oil never gets cold...):)