You can type here any text you want

JFK Limo for sale on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
Interesting piece of history..worth what the seller wants?? I am surprised the US doesnt own it in some museum

Link

Yikes! It's easy to be skeptical, but if that thing is the real deal then, you're right, there should be some museum to pony up the dough for that.

Are you sure that was this car with the interior stripped and not the actual car he was assasinated in? I could see them taking the interior out of that car, but not this one...interesting fact nonetheless.

Its the last car he rode in "prior" to the dallas motorcade. This is the one he rode in in fort worth not in dallas.

Originally posted by stevemon
Joe,
The wording in the ad reads:

This magnificent 1963 Lincoln Continental (Vin # 3Y86N409953), is the vehicle President John Kennedy, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and Texas Governor John Connelly used for their motorcade through Fort Worth Texas on the morning of November 22, 1963.

Thanks,
Steve

Yea, he was shot in Dallas, not Fort Worth. The car he rode in when he was shot was of course black....

Originally posted by stevemon
Joe,
You're correct. They used a different car in Ft Worth and this is it. Not the one he got killed in. I called a friend and did learn that this car sold for $250K about 3 mos ago though so the seller is really trying to turn a profit here.

Wow, talk about a markup! I guess the actual car from Dallas is in a Museum in Deerborne MI I heard.

The key to this whole thing is it is not the Dallas motorcade car, and they say so. This is the car he rode in thru Ft. Worth, just prior to the Dallas ride that ended his life. They were two different cars. If my memory serves me right, the Dallas car was black. Mark

If it is a legit auction and this is the *last* car JFK rode in before going to Dallas, big deal. How much is the *last* plane he flew in arriving in Texas selling for? How much is the *last* bed he slept in selling for? Just don't see the historical importance of this limo. The one he got shot in...that's a different story, obviously, but this one is NOT worth a million dollars.

You are right Pitbozz. Hope the guy that put the million dollar bid in was smart enough to realize that this was the next to the last car Kennedy rode in. Clever wording may make this seller some extra dough real quickly.

If memory serves me right, the car that JFK was shot in had a serious workover after the incident. Not only did they replace the interior, but I believe they converted it to a hardtop and may have even done some bullet proffing to it as well. I believe LBJ used it until 1965 where it was decommissioned.

Yea, after finding this, I did a little research on the actual car and found out a lotta interesting things on it. They really did cover **** up good man, I mean, the day after he was shot it was back at the Whitehouse garage having the windsheield replaced where they used their feet to push it out destroying evidence, at the hospital moments after the shooting they were washing the car.... I guess it's one of them mysteries that you'll never know until you die.

ACTUALLY, the limo he was killed in was not black but dark metalic blue. My dad is a big JFK assisination buff and i've seen pictures and film and the car is dark blue, the sun hit it certain times. Also my dad is a mechanic by profession and long time car nut and he has told me the car was dark blue. I've seen almost every televised program about the assination cause my dad said he will be dead by the time the files are released and i should know about it for when that happends. I'm almost ashammed to live in the state that is partly represented by arlen"single bullet" spector. i wonder if people that still believe Oswald acted alone also belive the earth is flat?

The History Channel has had alot of stuff on this subject all week. Fasinating stuff. You guys may be underestimating the Kennedy mistique. Definatly not a wise buy to me but you know how some people are. I know there's people out there that think it's dumb to pay $10,000 for a 16 year old Buick Regal. They just don't understand, do they?

also the car was not converted to a hardtop it had several removaable tops, one of which was like a plactic bubble that was supposed to be used on that day but they said take it off cause the weather was good.

An interesting thing i never thought of until last year but kennedy was killed on elm st. I wonder if the name for the films nightmare on elm street was inspired by this event?

I'm not jumping on the conspiracy band wagon but it sure is clear in the film of the shooting that a large portion of JFK's head blew off when the bullet hit, yet the official autopsy pics released by the government show his head intact, hair and all, and just a small little entry hole. How odd. Hmm...

You guys are killing me, it's Dearborn, not Deerborn, or Deerborne. I grew up in Dearborn, MI, the hometown of Henry Ford (Unfortunently).

Yeah, the car he was shot in is in the Henry Ford Museum on Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. It's quite a sight to see.

Originally posted by soonergn
I'm not jumping on the conspiracy band wagon but it sure is clear in the film of the shooting that a large portion of JFK's head blew off when the bullit hit, yet the official autopsy pics released by the government show his head intact, hair and all, and just a small little entry hole. How odd. Hmm...
No, the picture I've seen is pretty stinking nasty, they more or less flipped the top of his head back over. The only place that I can think of that I've seen that photo is on the Carcass album 'Wake up and smell the Carcass'.

By the way, he wasn't shot, he drank Coke after eating Pop-Rocks,you jack asses.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
By the way, he wasn't shot, he drank Coke after eating Pop-Rocks,you jack asses.

Check your facts. Pop Rocks weren't even invented yet. He was shot by gang members who were driving with their lights off.

no need to comepare the X to that, its a piece of history, not just a car.

when kennedy got shot you see a big explosion, so if the warren commissions theory was right (shooter from top right) kennedy's face would have been blown off. U can tell they used exploding bullets. Also some broke the film down and said it looks like he got hit with two bullets at the same time from different directions. Another theory said that a man could have been in a sewer right about the point the head shot came, they did a test with a 63 lincoln and standing in that sewer all you see is the persons/targets head. that would explain the upward and back to the left motion when the head shot came. You could walk right out the sewer drain on the other side of the overpass right by the train tracks i think.

Back