You can type here any text you want

Julio/Alkycontrol i need some stuff and have a few ????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am looking to add a second ALKY nozzle at my IC (stock w/Dutt neck) inlet. How would be the best way to go about this?
Also by adding the second nozzle do i need to get a smaller first one?

i guess i need something like this or a Check valve.
15055.jpg

with different fittings for Julio's type of SS hoses
also need a "T"/ "Y" of some sort to split the current line.
a jumper piece to connect to my current nozzle.

Do you plan on running same flow rate worth of nozzle?

1-
Do you plan on running same flow rate worth of nozzle?
2-
Why would you need this?
1-Yes, OR what ever Julio/You or some one qualified suggests.
2-The second nozzle will be lower than the ALKY tank, and i may end up siphoning the Alcohol tank. So i am thinking (first mistake LOL) a solenoid like the one i posted above or a check valve -- I couldn't find a picture of a check valve thats why i didn't put one up.
BTW any advice you have would be greatly appreciated
thanks

HAVE YOU SEEN MY TWIN NOZZLE SET UP AT THE OBI CAR SHOW? THE PRIMARY NOZZLE IS M15 AND THE SECOND IS A M10...Y DO U WANT TO ADD A SECOND NOZZLE? IT WILL NEED A LOWER AIR FUEL RATIO10.0 TO 10.5 THIS REQUIRES EVEN FOR FUEL.....I KNOW YOU'R CAR DON'T THINK YOU NEED TWIN NOZZLE..I MADE OVER 600RWHP ON A SINGLE NOZZLE...HOPE THIS HELPS? DOUG

Sup Doug
Not looking to use the second nozzle as a fuel.
Just looking to lower my IC's temps in hopes of making it more efficient.

Like a dummy I put my hand on it after WOT blast and it was super hot.

I know the alcohol will end up getting burned, but It will most likely be very little as I don't think I will end up with anything bigger than a m5.

If the alky gods agree- I would put a 10 on the up pipe and a 5 on the IC's inlet.
Right now I am using a single m15

You r thinking that you'r IC isn't efficient enough?I had installed IAT sensor in my stock location IC and in the intake to measure the temp diff ....You can quick install the sensor through the rubber coupling to the up pipe....use scan master and if you have close to ambient air temp after meth you are good;) ...

You r thinking that you'r IC isn't efficient enough?I had installed IAT sensor in my stock location IC and in the intake to measure the temp diff ....You can quick install the sensor through the rubber coupling to the up pipe....use scan master and if you have close to ambient air temp after meth you are good;) ...
I have been adding an extra sensor for a few years now LOL tomorrow is another day.
This is one of those things that i have to have.
anybody have an extra sensor they want to donate??

There is little to no gain in power doing this. If you can reduce the pressure drop across the intercooler by increasing the flow through it you will net more. The alky sprayed in the inlet will bring the temp down to near ambient.

Got you on the not much gain.
So if the temps are ambient on the way to my up-pipe that has the second nozzle spraying into (closer to) the Throttle body, should OR could my temps drop down to below ambient at the point??
kinda like the blown alcohol engines producing condensation on hot humid days? ( not trying to do this just using it as an example)
thanks for the info guys.

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
Got you on the not much gain.
So if the temps are ambient on the way to my up-pipe that has the second nozzle spraying into (closer to) the Throttle body, should OR could my temps drop down to below ambient at the point??
kinda like the blown alcohol engines producing condensation on hot humid days? ( not trying to do this just using it as an example)
thanks for the info guys.

It will get to a point and not drop much more. Spraying excess into the tb will get you in trouble. If you were spraying into the runners it would not have the same limitations.

It will get to a point and not drop much more. Spraying excess into the tb will get you in trouble. If you were spraying into the runners it would not have the same limitations.

Thats why i am not looking to increase the amount of alcohol going into the engine i am looking to divide it into two.

You havent mentioned what your current IAT temp is? o_O

Back