You can type here any text you want

Just finishing up my GN from the paintshop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GinoRin

So I've been working on this GN (aka the Creampuff) for the past few months at the paint shop, I'm just about finished with the facelift. Bought this car last summer from a 72 year old guy, its bone stock except for the exhaust down to the chip (hence the nickname) but needed new paint like all original GNs do. It has just under 62k miles. You cant really tell from the pics, but my buddy Nick did a REDICULOUS job on ther paint and body. Its straight as an arrow, total showcar quality. I just wanted this paintjob to be "nice driver" quality, but he went nuts on it. He is also doing my fast GN.

Anyways, for the past few weeks I have been restoring all the trim and little odds/ends/detail stuff, new weatherstripping for the T tops and basic clean up stuff, on top of putting the car back together from the paintjob. The car is turning out really nice. Nick has been nice enough to let me use his shop to do all the putz work. He has 90 hours in paint/body and I have about 110 hours in dis/re-assembly and all the little putz work.

So heres a couple pics I snapped today, the initial compounding and colorsanding is complete, and most of the trim has been re-installed. I will be taking care of the final machine polish and hand glaze over the next two weeks, and the car will be pretty much 99% back together. :banana

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02472.jpg

Gino you ARE goin to do something with the exhaust right :eek: :p rest of the car looks great :cool:

Gino you ARE goin to do something with the exhaust right :eek: :p rest of the car looks great :cool:

hahahaha. yes, yes I am. Didnt want to put a new exhaust on before paint in fear of overspray. The old geezer took the car to a local exhaust shop and this is what he got.

Nice job Gino. Mine will be off to the shop after the first of the year. My wife had a accident with some rented tables. I ended up with some dents in the left rear 1/4.

Did you refinish the wheel opening moldings and the head light trim? If so, what did you use. I have one wheel opening molding with some road rash. The others are mint. The trim around the head and tail lights are faded. Looking for something that will match the factory finish.

The car is all stock 38,000 miles (still has Goodyear Eagles) and want to get it gack to factory fresh.

Thanks

Kurt,
Yes, I scuffed everything and used Wurth Self Etch primer, re-scuffed and followed with two good coats of Wurth Satin Black trim paint. Its not an exact match, but its pretty darn close!

Sweet!

Mine is in the body/paint shop right now- I'd be happy if it turns out half as good as yours!

John

Back