just got back from hickory,nc

bensttype

had a great vacation visiting wife's relatives in hickory. what do you guys think of living in the ashville area? whats the job market like? any coments about about life in the wested nc in general would be much appreciated. '86 ttype stock....160 stat casper's ultra chip.....more soon...

Well, I'm a little south in Greenville S.C. (just like it says to the left), and this area is booming right now. BMW continues to expand, and things are doing great. We are about 1 1/4 hours south of Asheville. Great area. What's your line of work?

Ben it really depends on your line of work. As for living here I love it, nothing like these old country staight aways. I'm 20 min from Hickory and 40 min from Asheville. Alot of folks may think it is a little hum-drum here but that's the way I like it. Great fishing and hunting, if your into the outdoor sence. Plenty of tracks for testing and tuneing also. One of the best advantages is that your only an 1hr or so away from the Mtn. of choice and 4 hrs away from the some of the top beaches that you could wish for.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Lots of ricers in Hickory! Job market seems to be pretty good too. Life's pretty laid back, Charlotte's a bit busier. This whole area's growing in leaps and bounds!

Hope you take the move!

:D Well my job will be open end of the month. I am moving to VA, now to find a job in VA....

Lisa XO

unless you know how to build furniture or stock shelves at WalMart...you might want to look other places than Hickory for work. Great views and landscape but economic growth is nonexistent. Charlotte would be the closest location to find a job, atleast one that pays anything.

Come on GTEATER. I live in Hickory and there are lots of jobs besides furniture. I've got a great job and make plenty of money which goes to my grand national. As for the ricers, they dont know anything about GNs. Just this past weekend i raced a red honda civic for $750 and beat him by a good 15 cars. The people that drive them just think its a monte carlo but there gonna find out the hard and i'm gonna make a lot of extra money off it too.

1987 Grand National
T-62, Art Carr Transmission and Torque Converter 3200 stall, ported throttle body and upper plenum, champion ported heads, houston downpipe and headers, 50 shot NOS