You can type here any text you want

Just got FAST but now no A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I just installed FAST and now my Air Conditioning doesn't work. Jack Cotton told me to ground the green/white wire at computer but but he then told me that the compressor switch will no longer shut down A/C when under boost. So, I need to find a "normally closed" Hobbs pressure switch that will open the circuit at say 5 PSI or so to take compressor load off the engine while under boost. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase such a switch? Is there another way to do this?
Conrad Carter
North Carolina

The compressor doesnt care about boost?? this is what you do, get a MSD rpm switch put a 3000 rpm pill in it and a relay to open the the gnd in the a/c circuit abive that rpm

So, where do I get a "throttle switch"?
Conrad

Summit racing, jegs,... might have to do a little fab work so that it will work at less than WOT. Position the switch arm so that the throttle arm activates it by brushing past it rather than only contacting at WOT.

I thought I would share something I just found. The A/C compressor can be switched off when under boost using a Hobbs switch that is Normally closed (opens at 4psi boost) available from NAPA under P/N 701-1575 and costs about $30.
Conrad Carter

Back