You can type here any text you want

just got let a 1987 buick grand national

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sorry I'm new to this so please don't hate on me. I was wondering what I could do to get the most hp out of my car with just bolt on's? Please help

I would suggest doing the spring cleaning first, you will find it here on www.gnttype.org

To help answer your question here is where i would start with bolt-ons.
Scanmaster
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
new fuel pump with hot wire kit
Have your stock injectors cleaned and flowed or buy new 60 lb injectors
Get a modern chip to match the injectors. Go here http://www.turbotweakstore.com/default.asp
K&N cone air filter
Good free flowing exhaust
Adjustable wastegate
New turbo,check with the vendors to see what they recommend for your goals
intercooler,stock location or front mount again contact the vendors for recommendations for your goals.
rear control arms
sticky tires

actually lots of good advice flying but they all missed the first step..

WHAT DOES YOUR CAR HAVE IN IT RIGHT NOW?

This is the most amazing what to do to my car first thread ever. Great info sprinkled in too.

Spring is here soon for us northerners and that'll make everyone relax when tire smoke starts rolling again.

I'm going to go drive my car right now actually, despite the snow. It's cold enough that there is no slop on the roads since it hasn't snowed in a while.

And Pacecarta is right, what do you have now?

Or did jpdakidd get the boot? I'm confused.

My car is completely stock as of now
This is the most amazing what to do to my car first thread ever. Great info sprinkled in too.

Spring is here soon for us northerners and that'll make everyone relax when tire smoke starts rolling again.

I'm going to go drive my car right now actually, despite the snow. It's cold enough that there is no slop on the roads since it hasn't snowed in a while.

And Pacecarta is right, what do you have now?

Or did jpdakidd get the boot? I'm confused.

Thank you sir I'm not trying to be rude at all just need help.... Thanks for the help and respect
Watch out.. we have sensitive ppl on here.. when you have nothing else to live for.......
There is an 'ignore' option on here for such members.. I have used it frequently (but its more fun to laugh at them ! )
roll over their avatar.. click and hit ignore

and for you bitter 'old timers'.. wtf .. I have seen the same questions posted so many f'n times I lost count... attitude through the roof... this guy seems legit .. so you 'high horsers' don't reply, go type somewhere else.. I've seen so many armchair mechanics here I could puke... forums were designed to help.. not to power trip.. you impress no one.
Watch out.. we have sensitive ppl on here.. when you have nothing else to live for.......
There is an 'ignore' option on here for such members.. I have used it frequently (but its more fun to laugh at them ! )

and for you bitter 'old timers'.. wtf .. I have seen the same questions posted so many f'n times I lost count... attitude through the roof... this guy seems legit .. so you 'high horsers' don't reply, go type somewhere else.. I've seen so many armchair mechanics here I could puke... forums were designed to help.. not to power trip.. you impress no one.

My car is completely stock as of now

Then the list below is pretty good. If car runs well, which assumes good fuel system as listed below, then my vote is adjustable regulator, sticky tires, and race gas for safety and go have some fun!

I would suggest doing the spring cleaning first, you will find it here on www.gnttype.org

Scanmaster
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
new fuel pump with hot wire kit
Have your stock injectors cleaned and flowed or buy new 60 lb injectors
Get a modern chip to match the injectors. Go here http://www.turbotweakstore.com/default.asp
K&N cone air filter
Adjustable wastegate
New turbo,check with the vendors to see what they recommend for your goals
intercooler,stock location or front mount again contact the vendors for recommendations for your goals.
rear control arms
sticky tires

A few other things i would also suggest doing to make the car reliable and to help prevent having engine troubles after doing the bolt-ons to increase performance is to do these improvements to the engine.

Valve springs
Rocker arms and heavy duty shafts
Pushrods
Timing chain / gears / cam button / possibly timing cover depending on wear
Oil pump
Add zddp oil additive to your favorite engine oil

A few other things i would also suggest doing to make the car reliable and to help prevent having engine troubles after doing the bolt-ons to increase performance is to do these improvements to the engine.

Valve springs
Rocker arms and heavy duty shafts
Pushrods
Timing chain / gears / cam button / possibly timing cover depending on wear
Oil pump
Add zddp oil additive to your favorite engine oil

In this order

1-Scanmaster
1-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
1-new fuel pump with hot wire kit
1-Have your stock injectors cleaned and flowed or buy new 60 lb injectors
1-Get a modern chip to match the injectors. Go here http://www.turbotweakstore.com/default.asp OR http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/items.asp Cc BUCHIP iTpStatus 0 Tp Bc
2-K&N cone air filter
3-Adjustable wastegate
4-New turbo,check with the vendors to see what they recommend for your goals
5-intercooler,stock location or front mount again contact the vendors for recommendations for your goals.
rear control arms
sticky tires

You are the first on my KMA list today..

Not that inclusive. There's two people in there now. ... Unless you ask Chuck, Im sure his oldtimers disease has whittled the last down to one. :)

Chuck is our Welcoming Ambassador :eek:

I think I ran into chuck the other day.

He's the best walmart greeter I've met so far and look forward to meeting him agsin on my next trip to WalLy World.

Damn I needs to start proooof reading befores I postsss this stuffed.:rolleyes:

So JP where you located? Have you posted in the new members area yet? be sure to put some pics in if you can? Understand you are coming to the world's foremost Turbo Buick free information center and all it takes is patience and just asking nice. Just a few years ago I was looking for all the go fast stuff and now I wish I had just kept the car painfully stock/original. It would be worth so much more right now-not as fast but worth a lot more. Good luck friend. Some of these guys have been playing with these cars since they were new- the rest of us are late to the game, I like taking advantage of others mistakes and knowledge.

I'm kinda in the same boat as this guy I just got a 87 T-type I just replaced all the vacuum lines and now the car runs fine and I have searched the forum for stuff on fuel systems and haven't came up with much I'm going to do a little more on a scan tool but what would be a good fuel system to start with that would hold up to more power later on I want to get to around 350 to 400 mark and call it quits on trying to get more power was trying for 500 but I woke up from that dream this is my first project car so any help is welcome

Back