Just installed PTC 10 LU WOW!

JimP

As the title says, I just finished installing my PTC 10 inch LU.

My car feels 1,000 lbs lighter and just drives better at any rpm / mph range. My shifts are still firm and fast, the converter is loose down low but great for cruising around town, even with my mismatched turbo (another loaner) and making a max of only 15 lbs boost rolling burnouts are not a problem :)).

I've had a re-stalled D5, and a PATS 10 inch for comparison. This just feels right, no other way to describe it.

This is the greatest modification I have ever made to this car, right up there with meth injection! No real issues just needed to slightly enlarge one of the mounting holes on the converter pad.

Thank You Dusty Bradford!!!!

Sounds like you like it!
I know way back when I installed an Art Carr 9" and it was like a whole new car.

When can we expect some track times?

Sounds like you like it!
I know way back when I installed an Art Carr 9" and it was like a whole new car.

When can we expect some track times?

Not sure if I can make it out to a track this year, my best is 11.teens I have 11.40's on video with zero boost launches too! and trapping at 118. The closest best track is two hours away but who knows I might just get out there. I still need a turbo, I have just been very busy I worked nights most of July and all of August so I haven't had a ton of time for the car.

I'm not sure which core, maybe Dusty could chime in, it may have been a GM front drive or possibly a Nissan? It has a ring which attached to the pads that gets bolted to the flex plate. All I can say is it works. I just got back from playing with my extender chip and translator, it had all gone back to default since the battery had been disconnected. After putting all the settings back to where I had previously it works great. I tried the spool fuel setting on the chip too and the car comes out of the hole like crazy. I did one trans brake launch as well, stereo came out of the dash :)

Which part number did you get?

86 T-type modified
86 T-type. Lightly modified

The Buick part number isn't listed on PTC's website. I have my own spec for particular combinations. I can set you up with something to suit your needs.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cool. Ill start saving

86 T-type modified
86 T-type. Lightly modified

Sounds like a simple TC swap is one of the best bang for buck upgrades! I was thinking along the lines of a 2800 LU as well...not sure on a 9" or 10" though.